Minolta x700

trisha61

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought a Minolta x 700 with 2 lens. I noticed when I took the lens off that there was a tear in the plastic ring where the lens mount. I cut the torn piece off to prevent further splitting. What did I do wrong and will this hurt the camera in taking pictures and can it be replaced. I aligned up with the red mounting dot. The lens are the Rokor (sp) 50 mm lens.

Sony bought Konica Minolta's camera business back in 2006

Hopefully, your post will get more looks and comments by people familiar with the Minolta x700 film camera here in the Film Discussion & Q&A forum.

I just bought a Minolta x 700 with 2 lens. I noticed when I took the lens off that there was a tear in the plastic ring where the lens mount. I cut the torn piece off to prevent further splitting. What did I do wrong and will this hurt the camera in taking pictures and can it be replaced. I aligned up with the red mounting dot. The lens are the Rokor (sp) 50 mm lens.
Hi.
What did you do ? Please, post a good picture of the problem and also picture of the front of the lens so we know exactly what lens is it.

$P7260012 (1024x768).jpg Here is photo. It's the top center flimsly plastic. The lens is a Minolta MD 50mm

Last edited:
Another picture of the camera and the lens using:$P7260009 (1024x768).jpg$P7260009 (1024x768).jpg$P7260010 (800x600).jpg

Hi. I think this flimsy piece of plastic doesn't have much of practical meaning. It appears as it's function is maybe a dust shield protecting the mirror bumper. It may also be an additional protection from entering the light into pentaprism during very long exposures which may mess up the light meter resulting in wrong exposure. I don't remember if X700 is capable of this kind photography, however X700 as new was supplied with special "plug" for a viewfinder for long exposures (so light may not enter the pentaprism from that side). For normal shooting should be no problem.

That what I thought, thanks. Glad it was nothing serious. I am taking some pictures, so I'll see how they turn out. My Olympus digital (not slr) does fairly well for close ups, what I used.

Most reactions

Back