Minor Sand Issue

Gritts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone,

I'm on vacation at the ocean right now, so I'm a little new to beach shooting. While crouching near the tide, some water splashed up and got my bag wet (it didn't get inside.) It got mostly a compartment where my lens tissue was, but there was some sand on the outside of a few lenses.

Just a few questions:
- Is it safe to use the lens tissue once it dries?
- How can I make sure my lenses are unphased by some of the minor sand that got in my bag?

Thanks in advance, everyone!

-Mike

I wouldn't use the lens tissue if it got wet/sandy. It's just not worth it.

A little sand in the bottom of the bag, probably won't do much damage...most camera bags probably have a bit of grit in the bottom. But I would certainly recommend doing your best to clean out the bag. Take everything out of the bag and wipe it out really well, let it dry before replacing the gear. If there is any sand on the lenses, try to clean it off without blowing or pushing it into places where you won't be able to get it out.

I suggest a soft bristle type brush like a lenspen to get the sand off. This goes for any abrasive substance.

Furthermore if this is a regular occurrence I suggest grabbing a quality UV filter for protection of the lens. These days I just wipe it in my shirt. If it scratches I buy a new filter.

Most reactions

Back