Mirrored Glass art, which is better (C&C)

DiamondCactus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I can not decide which I like better please let me know what you think CC welcome

3951246275_b58ed205a6_b.jpg

3951272037_6731b9668d_b.jpg

I like the first one better, was it taken at a higher angle + a little bit further away?

the reflection isn't as busy which is good for my brain to process what's going on haha

sweet shots!

I prefer the first photo over the second one, but I think that in both shots you have cropped far too closely to the top of the glass sculptures. In the first photo, you allotted ample room for the reflection at the bottom, but there's a lot of visual tension created by having the glass touching the top of the frame.
In a formal,balanced composition like this, it's considered normal to allow a little bit more top space than one would allow in a regular,everyday photo.

A little bit deeper depth of field would also probably improve the impact a bit. The farthest objects are starting to slip outside the band of sharp focus, and that stops us from being able to enjoy the visual beauty of that curvy glass.

Much prefer the first one but it looks like you cut off the top of the object/sculpture while you gave breathing room to the reflection.

I would be much better with a bit of space at the top too.

This must have been kinda hell to shoot.

i think its a cool concept, BUT, i think you cropped it to tightly.. in the event that you want to make a big print of this, the crop factor is going to end up cutting off the top and bottom of your photo..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back