Mirrorless shopping

I totally agree about the EVF. I think it's so incredibly useful for beginners learning to shoot in manual. If I had to switch to DSLRs for sone reason, the OVF would be the hardest adjustment for me.

I'm so glad you found something you're happy with!

I have no problem shooting action with manual focus. And to answer your question, old evfs were turds. The em5 happens to have one of those "old" evfs where had you used the em10 first, you'd hate the em5.

the ISO performance on this camera is pretty good.
3200 ISO 1/30 shutter speed. (probably too slow SS really, but i was just testing)
shot in raw. cropped only. no other adjustments made. (LR CC)

_DSF1022.jpg

the ISO performance on this camera is pretty good.
3200 ISO 1/30 shutter speed. (probably too slow SS really, but i was just testing)
shot in raw. cropped only. no other adjustments made. ]

yes, 1/30 is probably too slow
welcome to the mirrorless club
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless
Shutter speed aside, I was actually impressed with the noise at ISO 3200.
It would not take much noise reduction in Lightroom to clean it up.

The file size is what puzzled me.
16mp sensor and the raw files (raf) were 32mp each! My d600 with a 24mp sensor only kicked out 25mp raw files.
Why is a 16mp sensor making 32mp files? Is that normal for fuji cameras?
My poor cheap computer sure was crying...and I was too waiting for LR to load files.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

On the XT1, I'm running on average about 33.5mb on the RAW files which boils down to anywhere from 6mb to 8mb on the final JPEG (per Aperture). (Same sensor as the XE2, probably slightly different processing.)

On the XT1, I'm running on average about 33.5mb on the RAW files which boils down to anywhere from 6mb to 8mb on the final JPEG (per Aperture). (Same sensor as the XE2, probably slightly different processing.)
Guess it's normal then.
It's not a bad thing, I was just surprised.
I couldn't check the jpeg size because i set max file size output in LR to 3mp since I was uploading the ferret pic to the forum. When I'm off shift tomorrow I'll take the camera with me when we go to the antique fair and get a few practice shots in.

The 16bit tif files exported by the bundled Converter are about 90mb.

Maybe that the X-trans array is more random than a conventional Bayer?
The S2/S3 RAFs were big too, from the previous Super CCD sensor.

Maybe that the X-trans array is more random than a conventional Bayer?
The S2/S3 RAFs were big too, from the previous Super CCD sensor.
I really have no idea. It makes a nice picture though

A mirrorless interchangeable lens camera (MILC, commonly referred to simply as a "mirrorless camera"), is a camera with an interchangeable lens that does not have a mirror reflex optical viewfinder.

A Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Fuji, referred to as a MILF.... lol....but no, seriously, those interchangeable lens Fuji's are very,very MILF-y....

A mirrorless interchangeable lens camera (MILC, commonly referred to simply as a "mirrorless camera"), is a camera with an interchangeable lens that does not have a mirror reflex optical viewfinder.

A Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Fuji, referred to as a MILF.... lol....but no, seriously, those interchangeable lens Fuji's are very,very MILF-y....

right, I use MILC (MILK)
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Most reactions

Back