What's new

Misc shots. C&C?

Mike K

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 16, 2011
Messages
131
Reaction score
10
Location
Washington DC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$Class Oct 19 007.webp

Both are straight out of the camera, no post processing.

$Garden Ashley 024.webp
 
Second image is really beautiful for its sharpness, colors and composition :D
 
I love the idea of the first one, and while you didn't do a bad job I think there is room for improvement in composition. The fact that it is lying down on a rug kind of ruins the illusion, a black background would be much better IMHO.
 
I love the idea of the first one, and while you didn't do a bad job I think there is room for improvement in composition. The fact that it is lying down on a rug kind of ruins the illusion, a black background would be much better IMHO.

Thanks for the tip on that! The dust particles on the guitar are really bugging me too.

FWIW, it's on top of a small table with a small runner rug (similar to, but not the same as, the floor rug) on top to create the illusion that it's all one rug. Black background and flipped up 90 degrees might be interesting!
 
The green leaf with the water drop is stunning, but I think it loses something in front of the blue flowers. Alone against a black background would really make it pop, I think. Nice work.
 
The green leaf with the water drop is stunning, but I think it loses something in front of the blue flowers. Alone against a black background would really make it pop, I think. Nice work.

Thanks Jaemie. Ironically, the "shoot" was all about the blue/violet "lupines" at the outset. After spraying some water on everything the leaf became more of a focal point but I still wanted some of that lupine color. If the leaf is still "photogenic" tomorrow I'll try your idea.

It's always interesting to hear how others view things.:)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom