What's new

MIT Stata Center

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Very cool building in Cambridge, MA. Doing a bit of the architecture worship here.

C/C welcome if desired.

==1==

Cambridge%20Architecture%20-%20031.jpg


==2==
Cambridge%20Architecture%20-%20055.jpg
 
omg another oOoOoO moment. COOL!!!
Its like an optical illusion...
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
haha, thanks again.

Yeah, it's a rather wacky building.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
Frequency said:
Here also first one is excellent; the second is also good :D

Hehe... Thanks freq.
 
What a funky building, and really nice shots of it. The lines and shapes SCREAM for a B&W conversion, though.

(I wish I knew this place existed... Would've loved to spend an hour or three playing with my camera there last month.)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
What a funky building, and really nice shots of it. The lines and shapes SCREAM for a B&W conversion, though.

(I wish I knew this place existed... Would've loved to spend an hour or three playing with my camera there last month.)

heheh... yeah, it's probably one of Boston's very few sort of "architectural oddities". Boston is so dull. Heck, this isn't even in Boston- it's in Cambridge! :lol:

I'm actually very glad you mentioned the b/w thing...

I actually very deliberately did not convert it. It's so close to monotone as it is, that you can almost think it's b/w (not really, but I hope you see what I mean). So in that first one, I not only left it, but I actually pushed the saturation a little because it brings out some funky greenish cast in that part jutting out and also a bit in the windows.

In the second one, I actually desaturated it by about 50%.

Just experiments in the treatment, of course, but I liked the end result.

Now that you've mentioned it and I've more explicitly pointed out what silly games I was playing, what do you think? Any thoughts?

Thanks for the comments!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom