Mixed bag from the past week..

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I posted my hybrid heron, baby tern and my sunflower/birds but I have many other shots in the past week.. figured I would share a few.. comments welcome...

1 Tree Swallow in flight..

Tree swallow lift off by krisinct, on Flickr

2 Downy Woodpecker

Woodpecker with berries by krisinct, on Flickr

3 Semipalmated Plover

Semipalmated Plover by krisinct, on Flickr

4 Tree Swallow at rest

Tree Swallow perched by krisinct, on Flickr

5 Swan Portrait (filled up my entire viewfinder)

Swan Portrait by krisinct, on Flickr

Me likie #4!! What a cutie!!

Some times you make me want to throw my camera away. Tree Swallow in flight...Really?? That's amazing. They all are.

Looks fantastic!

Dang. Please tell me you do take bad pictures. Although I suspect your "bad" picture will still be much better than my "great" picture. Oh yeah - life's not fair.

Very enjoyable series. I keep wondering how you manage to get each one's eyes just perfectly focused. I usually get the focus on the twig in front, or the grass behind.

Nice set. Now go find some Hummers

Some times you make me want to throw my camera away. Tree Swallow in flight...Really?? That's amazing. They all are.

CC, nice shots. You just keep raising the bar.

WesternGuy

Dang. Please tell me you do take bad pictures. Although I suspect your "bad" picture will still be much better than my "great" picture. Oh yeah - life's not fair.

Very enjoyable series. I keep wondering how you manage to get each one's eyes just perfectly focused. I usually get the focus on the twig in front, or the grass behind.

Okay...I didn't want to do it...but I think it's time to expose Kris' deep, dark secret.

These are all stuffed birds that he takes out and poses in these positions. He has a private, expert taxidermist who is quite skilled at making these things actually LOOK like they could still be alive, and he sticks wires into their wings and feet so that Kris can pose them in various positions and fool us all. :lmao:

At least, that's what I try to tell myself to keep from utter despair. :D

Seriously, Kris...those two swallow pictures...that's just ABSURD. :lmao:

Thank you everyone!
@MS, just not enough time to find hummers....

I take plenty of bad pictures, lol! It's all about the eye.I generally keep my camera locked in center point and use single point focus (not a dynamic group) I just take a lot of pictures often 20-30 of the same exact scene to get 1 perfectly focused shot. If I'm having a good morning I take upward of 500 pictures and generally share less than 10...

Okay...I didn't want to do it...but I think it's time to expose Kris' deep, dark secret.

These are all stuffed birds that he takes out and poses in these positions. He has a private, expert taxidermist who is quite skilled at making these things actually LOOK like they could still be alive, and he sticks wires into their wings and feet so that Kris can pose them in various positions and fool us all. :lmao:

At least, that's what I try to tell myself to keep from utter despair. :D

Seriously, Kris...those two swallow pictures...that's just ABSURD. :lmao:

Sheesh Sharon you weren't supposed to let my secrets out :grumpy:
The hardest part is to get my friend to throw the stuffed swallows in the right direction :) Of course the Ospreys are harder because they are bigger, we have an "Ospreypault" for those... :)

Most reactions

Back