Mixing Photographic Chemicals

berandolph

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am going to be developing my own film soon and recieved my chemicals in the mail the other day. I was wondering it is ok to mix the powdered chemicals outside, as my basement ventilator isnt supurb...I have a window which I am going to open for the actual develiopment, but I was wondering for just the mixing if i could do that part outside. Thank you for any help

just be carefully that it isn't too windy as you want to be sure all of the powered is dissolved and not flying around

I am going to be developing my own film soon and recieved my chemicals in the mail the other day. I was wondering it is ok to mix the powdered chemicals outside, as my basement ventilator isnt supurb...I have a window which I am going to open for the actual develiopment, but I was wondering for just the mixing if i could do that part outside. Thank you for any help
What chemicals are you mixing that you're so afraid of? Normal b&w chemicals are pretty harmless as long as you're not eating them.

What chemicals are you mixing that you're so afraid of? Normal b&w chemicals are pretty harmless as long as you're not eating them.

i mixed mine in a cooking pot... :confused: but i washed it thoroughly with dish soap afterward. couldnt find a big enough container to mix chemicals.

Most reactions

Back