Mobile Me Gallery users come in...

impressme

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you have mobile me for mac and use the gallery, do you watermark your photos? I dilema is that I want to use this for family to be able to download photos they'd like to have for themselves when I post family events or photos I take during a shoot however I don't want anyone being able to download them (meaning the public) without them protected by a watermark?

What have you done?

Just automatically water mark through DXO, when I import, saving a raw and jpeg copy to a HD.

If it's for your own family and friends and you want them to be able to download the photos, just choose the Allow Downloading option when uploading to mobile me from iPhoto... if it's for clients and you want clients to see the photos but not download them, then don't choose that option (to Allow Downloading) when you upload from iPhoto.

Thanks Jenn. I haven't used it just yet as I just got my first Mac on Thurs. I was just curious what others were doing.

if you are creating a gallery of photos for your family, and you dont want others to be able to download them, perhaps password protecting the gallery... then you can give your family the link and the password.. then you dont need to watermark the images, and the only people who can view them are your family or anyone who you've given the password to... that is what i would do... because if you keep the the gallery opened, and your wanting family members to be able to download, anyone will be able to download...

Most reactions

Back