Mod Question Or Other Members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApertureF11Sniper

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I notice the forum keeps getting spammed or what seems like spam, am I wrong on that? And I keep getting a blank page that says the forum is down and I have to refresh several times....Would this be on your end or mine? I'm sure it's just me or is it a DNS attack?

I notice the forum keeps getting spammed or what seems like spam, am I wrong on that? And I keep getting a blank page that says the forum is down and I have to refresh several times....Would this be on your end or mine? I'm sure it's just me or is it a DNS attack?
I see all the spam, mostly Chinese writing but don't have issues with blank pages or having to refresh. I use Chrome and Firefox as browsers.

No other problems for me, just the spam which is very irritating.

We clean the spam that gets past the filters as soon as we see it but if you’re online very early in the morning or very late at night (US time - most of the mods are on ET) or you’re across the pond, you may see it before we get it. Feel free to report it and add a post letting others know you’ve done so to avoid multiple reports on the same post.

The site unavailable response seems to happen on Sunday mornings (in my experience) and is usually resolved in a few hours. I’ve always assumed it was site maintenance but have never asked. It is the site, it’s not on your end.

As an additional note, please be aware that if there are multiple posts from the same spam poster/username, only  one of their posts needs to be reported. When we spam the user, it deletes all of the threads that user posted. Please onlly report multiple posts if they are posted by different users.

And we'll get to them as quickly as we can.

I just now twice got the blank page saying the site was unavailable.... Maybe tied to how many people are accessing it at once? The mods here do ago job spam and all, it is gone pretty quick, at first I just thought it was only me seeing it maybe. Thank you for all the responses.

I just now twice got the blank page saying the site was unavailable.... Maybe tied to how many people are accessing it at once? The mods here do ago job spam and all, it is gone pretty quick, at first I just thought it was only me seeing it maybe. Thank you for all the responses.
The site is working fine for me currently (Asia Pacific) but have noticed it may be country specific (weirdly).

When very occasionally the site fails to load on this site (always happens when most of the Americas are sleeping) I find if I turn on the VPN and connect to another country it opens just fine, would indicate country/region specific DNS issues I think.

Strange but there you go...

Thank
The site is working fine for me currently (Asia Pacific) but have noticed it may be country specific (weirdly).

When very occasionally the site fails to load on this site (always happens when most of the Americas are sleeping) I find if I turn on the VPN and connect to another country it opens just fine, would indicate country/region specific DNS issues I think.

Strange but there you go...
Thank you Wobe where are you located? I mean specific country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back