MODEL: Adrianne - Which color scheme works best.

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Two different photos processed in different ways. What appeals to you?

A - 1
DSC_0208.JPG

A 2
DSC_0208_GRUNGE.jpg

A 3
DSC_0208_BNW.jpg

B 1
DSC_0403_COL.jpg

B 2
DSC_0403_POLAROID.jpg

B 3
DSC_0403_BNW.jpg

A-1 is the best as A-2 is just hideous (sorry for being blunt and rude, but I REALLY dislike it), and A-3 is very flat tonally.

B-3 is easily the best. B-1, she looks good, but the water has this weird colored halo surrounding her and in B-2 that halo is even worse.

Thanks for the comments guys. I see the halo too, but it doesn't bother me as much as it should I guess.

As for the A-2 coloring, interestingly enough I got some compliments on it. I'm not attached to it eitherway, it was a Photoshop action I was playing with.

Here's another:

4105169305_edc229a5bb_b.jpg

This could be the best of the ones you've posted. The rainbow and how dark sky looks above it makes the rainbow look PhotoChopped in. I'm not a fan of her expression, either.

This last note is completely personal bias so take it with a grain of salt. I find the tilted camera, intentionally diagonal horizon thing to be a totally played out and trite gimmick. It irks me to no end. One of my close friends is a wedding photographer and 75% of her shots use that gimmick. Her clients love her, so maybe it's just me.

This could be the best of the ones you've posted. The rainbow and how dark sky looks above it makes the rainbow look PhotoChopped in. I'm not a fan of her expression, either.

This last note is completely personal bias so take it with a grain of salt. I find the tilted camera, intentionally diagonal horizon thing to be a totally played out and trite gimmick. It irks me to no end. One of my close friends is a wedding photographer and 75% of her shots use that gimmick. Her clients love her, so maybe it's just me.

No problem man. If you read my posts, especially frmo last year, you'll realize that I like to experiment with Post Processing a lot, and sometimes things don't work. I shot things that I like, and I don't really mind things that seem out of reality.

The rainbow is of course, fake, but I actually sort of like it here. The dark sky is part of my obsession with vignetting, which 99% of my photos appear.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back