Model Canceled on me

John Mc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I Got an Email tonight from a model that wanted to get shot's done to start Her(and My) Portfolio. Now,that's not a problem if it wasnt on Monday,and if it was a Location Shoot. But it's not,its in a Studio and i've had to Pay to Hire it. It's not much,but ive still to pay for it as im now too late to cancel. Hopefully i'll get someone to shoot,but its not the point,im miffed!

What would you guys say to this person? Ask them to Pay for the Studio time anyhow?it was going to be split 50/50 for obv reason's, but im now thinking of asking for the full cost.

Might be stuck covering the cost this time. In the future maybe explain to the models if they cancel after a certain time that they will be responsible for the full cost. And get it in writing.

Models flake out. Not only has this happened to me, twice, but I've heard countless stories of the same thing happening. I remember someone saying "Hey, it's just part of the game." Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about it now.

Always have a backup I guess. That's how I would do it. It wouldn't hurt to have a 2nd girl on standby or even a good friend or something that can stand in - just to keep the studio time from going to waste.

Good luck, sorry to hear about what happened :(

I advised her of this via email,and she agreed to it. And ive saved them all. So im considering advising her what she agreed too, and asking her to compensate my losses.

Its too late for me to organise a back up tonight,but i might speak to a Friend in the morning,and a photog buddy who might be able to take the time instead if shes okay to wait till monday to find out :)

This is the reason why people make contracts.

I advised her of this via email,and she agreed to it. And ive saved them all. So im considering advising her what she agreed too, and asking her to compensate my losses.

Its too late for me to organise a back up tonight,but i might speak to a Friend in the morning,and a photog buddy who might be able to take the time instead if shes okay to wait till monday to find out :)

She has probably been out and had a few malts :lol:

She agreed to what? to pay for the studio cost?

This hasn't happened to us yet, thank god. No more shoots with her, and definately make her pay for any expense the failed venture incurs.

I agree with the other posters...this time you are stuck with the fee.
However, discussing this prior and getting a commitment in writing for a cancellation fee is a wise idea.

Non agency models flake, it certainly happens.

Hope you find a replacement, there are a lot of websites where models can be found. DO post what you shoot!

All is well,I found another model, A friend of a friend said she's up for a laugh.
The previous model agreed to pay half of the cost for the day,i did also advise her that if she did cancel on me without a weeks notice she'd be liable to pay the full cost's, i could technically take legal action,but i'm just going to let it go and make sure they pay for the studio times if they ask me.

I'll post a few shot's Monday evening, She's wanting to Shoot Alternative/Pinup stuff. which im more then happy to do,so i've found a better model i beleive,She's also less likely to cancel as she's a Friend of my Fiance :)

Cant allways get a contract for Time for Print shoot's and amature model's. but im going for the,allways have a back up option for the time being,im building a portfolio atm,so im offering to help anyone,but ive learned my leason :)

Well had I read this thread first id have known the whole story behind the other thread. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back