Model in Low Key Light C&C?

cptkid said:
I found it very difficult to shoot in low key and keep the light flattering for a female. It probably could have benefited from a kicker light, but just one strobe was used in a 22" beautydish.

Would love some C&C on what I could do to improve this further?

View attachment 48935

The lack of light below her jawline renders her as simply a head, floating in blackness.

cptkid said:
I found it very difficult to shoot in low key and keep the light flattering for a female. It probably could have benefited from a kicker light, but just one strobe was used in a 22" beautydish.

View attachment 48935

The lack of light below her jawline renders her as simply a head, floating in blackness.

Maybe thats what I wanted :p lol

seems generally under exposed, no?

Not to me. Just looks like he didn't blast her with light. And like the midtones are lacking a little bit of contrast. And like the white balance is too cool. :lol: I don't have any issues with how it was lit. She just looks like she's turning blue, which bothers me.

Yeah i just bought a new monitor, which hasn't been calibrated. I think that could be why its looking blue to you, because it looks fine to me, my calibration is most certainly off.

Yeah, you may wanna get that fixed, hahaha. :sexywink:

cptkid said:

View attachment 48935

Maybe thats what I wanted :p lol
Perhaps we shouldn't be offering feedback then?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back