Model Mayhem High Fashion Pics C&C please

shortpballer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dossantoslemone.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Let me know what you guys think. Critiques welcome.

shoot1.jpg

shoot2.jpg

I so hate being negative but I have to mention (since you asked) that the words on the sign being partially hidden bothers me and that the food tray behind the front model's elbow is distracting I think. That could just be me though. In my opinion, the second shot is a little washed out but it has a nice composition. Flash to intense perhaps?

These are just my observations. I am by no means a photographer...Take my opinions with a grain of salt!

Cheers!!
- Dan

I am in loooove with shot #1!
I like the lighting, the models are amazinggg, and mood & ambiance, and of course the products (clothes, accessories, etc). :)
The only con I have with it is the sign cutting off the shoe, which is important because this is a fashion shot.
-The food tray doesn't bother me, and I suppose the sign's text being cut off is a bit bothersome only because you could have had the blonde model scoot back a tiny bit to reveal the rest of the word. "MAKESHIFT" ?

#2: A little too blown out for my taste, the sky and model's face is blown. I think sunglasses would have been good in this one too. The balloons were a good idea but I just don't feel this one like the first.

P.S.: Which of your lenses did you use for each? :)

1) great composition...great capture

2) a little over exposed

I like the way you set up #1. I don't like the angle though mabe a little more to the left, and showing the whole sign would of been nice.

#2 is great. Great composition, but it does look a little over exposed.

Just to clarify, I blew out the second one on purpose :) I could have easily properly exposed it, but was going for a blown out look.

i like them both but i think no1 would look even better if you lose all unnessecary details(food,signs) simple is always better,but that's just me,nice work though.

What's appealing about blown out? I mean okay the sky, but her face? It's just an undesirable hot spot. :\ ? But yes, nice work, #1 is on point.

Could you help me understand the theme please and how you envisioned capturing it?

On my monitor I don't see any blown out parts on the models face. Are you on a laptop? Because I know my girlfriends laptop blows out whites easily. However, on my Imac the models skin is just milky and slightly over brightened but definitely no blown out hotspots.

On my monitor I don't see any blown out parts on the models face. Are you on a laptop? Because I know my girlfriends laptop blows out whites easily. However, on my Imac the models skin is just milky and slightly over brightened but definitely no blown out hotspots.

I'm on my big ole iMac and while her face is very bright, I find myself squinting when I look at the hair...that is what feels blown to me

Great shots, both of them.
I personally prefer the second one, the "blown out" look just adds to my attraction to it.

One tiny thing I would mention is, that for the second shot I would have zoomed a bit more on the model and leave some of the background out - but that is a purely personal thing ;)

Great work!!

There is certainly a reflection line on her right leg that is square with the lens axis in #2 that tells me you are hot with the lights.

IMO, you need more space at the bottom end of the frame to allow the shoe to be easily seen. There is a blade of grass in the front of the shoe that I would clone out.

I'm not fond of either hand position. They contradict each other with tension and timidity.

I would also fill in the gap between her legs and the tree root. It is a highlight that I annoyingly can't take my eyes off of.

All that said, I still like the shots mostly.

Ermm well nevermind about the blowing out then, cuz I'm on a non-calibrated monitor. So if it looks good on your nice Mac, then I guess mine is fxcking it up. Sorry. :)

Are these just fashion-esque photos or are these actually promoting the clothes/accessories? If so, what brand :)

Most reactions

Back