What's new

Model portfolio/portraits C&C please

BekahAura

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
355
Reaction score
23
Location
Putnam County, New York
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone!

I took these pictures of a friend in order to build my portfolio. My ultimate goal is to start my own business photographing people and pets, but right now I'm working on building a promotional website.

I was using two flashes with shoot-through umbrellas. I shot in aperture priority mode, but I was so involved with trying to pose her that I didn't change my aperture at all during the shoot. I forgot! So they are all f/6.3. I know I'm going to need a lot of practice pulling it all together.

Which, if any, of these should I choose to display? Don't hold back any criticism, I can take it, and I need it!:lol:

1)
4589247033_3fbea0ff7c.jpg


2)
4589866330_7094aae6a6.jpg


3)
4589247155_fe4f0cdf8e.jpg


4) I took about 5 shots of her twirling around, and most of them look awkward. I love the pose in this one, but I think only one of my flashes went off. Is it too dark?
4589247255_023de1cd9a.jpg


5)
4589866562_b223c225a8.jpg


6)
4589866616_29ccf2dd6b.jpg


Thanks for looking!
 
Your last shot is definitely the strong point of the set, the first two have distracting lines of light. I'd recommend trying to cut out as much ambient light as possible and try to stay away from shooting directly in the sun. Find some shade or invest in a scrim.
 
Also #1, the propane tanks in the background are distracting.
#3 id go for more shallow dof and try a more interesting angle.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom