Model shoot today

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I met with a local model today and did a quick shoot. It was a little colder than we anticipated and so we weren't out as long as we would have liked.

Anyway, here's a shot from about 3 hours ago.

538159517_hwske-L.jpg

Here's a shot of the location.

538183064_qoL2e-L-1.jpg

What do you guys think? This was my first location shoot using the Alien Bee's. I thought it was entirely too much fun. :)

I love the perspective. I think that, and the angle create nice tension.
I wish the wall were darker, I think. She looks like she is being chased, or running away/trying to hide from something. To me the the wall looks "happy" and ruins the mood.

But then on further study...the dark edges on the wall look like she's caught in a spot light. What were you going for?

Here face looks lit perfectly, to my noob eye.

in my own noob onpinion, I love the shot.

I really like the round haloish ligh you got there around the model.

good job making the best of the brick wall texture vs the shoes slick leather. and texture and pattern with the wall vs skirt.

I, personally like more detail in the skin but I guess I one of the rare one to like the little flaws of great models

051609.jpg

Hello Tharmsen
I like the shot and think you got great lighting with the AB's out door.
Did you just meter or where you using PB Flex ettl units?
Is that the AB beauty dish your using for the hair light?
Nice work!

I noticed you didnt mind someone editingyour photo so I took a play. What do you think?

Oh Lord... I'm officially in love with your equipment, your skills, and your model. Dear God man, this is what I dream of doing, and you do it SO well. Solid work here man, really is.

I really like it...love the colors/texture of the brick wall back drop too....:thumbup:
Nice lighting equipment... what lens did you use for the shot?...

051609.jpg

I noticed you didnt mind someone editingyour photo so I took a play. What do you think?
I like it, what did you do? Did you bump the contrast some?

Oh Lord... I'm officially in love with your equipment, your skills, and your model. Dear God man, this is what I dream of doing, and you do it SO well. Solid work here man, really is.
Thanks, I really appreciate it. :)

I bought my first DSLR about 6 months ago.

I have done three models shoots since then, this being my first location shoot. I've spent more time photographing things like that alien head you see in this thread than I do shooting people. It's hard trying to find models that will work with you, especially when you don't have a portfolio to speak of. So I practice on silly things to learn lighting and to figure out what I want to do once I do have a model to work with.

To answer Bit Jewelers question, I was going for a look I saw in another picture posted by a photographer on another website (Model Mayhem). It inspired me, and the model liked the shot too so we agreed to use it as a place to start.

I think the model and I hit it off and we agreed to work together again in a few weeks. I have an idea for a beach shoot that she's on board with. I can't wait until it gets warmer. :)

I really like it...love the colors/texture of the brick wall back drop too....:thumbup:
Nice lighting equipment... what lens did you use for the shot?...
Thanks man.

I used my 17-40 but at 29mm. I didn't want the perspective skewed too badly by the ultra-wide angle.

Here's another one from yesterday. This was a play on the original (first pic)...

538499853_gSg3u-L.jpg

Most reactions

Back