C&C please!!!
1 _MG_6597.jpg

2 _MG_6604.jpg

3 _MG_6607.jpg

4 _MG_6612.jpg

5 _MG_6613.jpg

6 _MG_6621.jpg

7 _MG_6641.jpg

#3 gets my vote. Harsh light. Competing background. Framing inconsistent. I'll bet mother is pleased.

The harsh light might have been helped by some fill flash or a scrim.

The spotted dress and brick background are fighting each other.

The frames are sometimes high, sometimes tight, Sometimes left, or right, etc.

Shoot, buddy, see if you can do this again, and be more prepared for things like harsh sunlight, etc. The model seems to know what to do.

I like the second grouping you posted better but the shadows are weird. You need to try to work on working with the light better and getting more separation between model and the background to make her pop. If she were a few feet from that wall (much more if possible) you'd have a softer background, and less harsh shadowing falling on the wall.

I like the second grouping you posted better but the shadows are weird. You need to try to work on working with the light better and getting more separation between model and the background to make her pop. If she were a few feet from that wall (much more if possible) you'd have a softer background, and less harsh shadowing falling on the wall.

Thanks for the feedback. Good thing I didn't charge her.:encouragement:

+1 - don't put the girl right up against the background. Have her 8 to 15 feet from the background.

That accomplishes 2 things:
1. Her shadow will be less likely to be in the shot. If you keep your light somewhat higher than her head, and her a way from the background, her shadow will be a lot lower than her head.
2. You can isolate her visually from the background by controlling the DoF to blur the background. Note: Since you will focus on her the distribution of the DoF is partly behind her and partly in front of her, so some of the foreground will also be blurred.

Most reactions

Back