Moline, Ill Photog Group Photo Shoot Day

JosephH

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.proflooney.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well guys local photography group set up a photo shoot day with models and everything. Since I have only been doing this a week I though be a great time to get some shots with models etc. It was cold but had a great time. I took 217 photos mainly because I was set up to 5 frames a sec shooting so I didnt miss anything with all the movement.

I need to go through them better but a fast through I come up whit what I think are my 4 best shots for the hour and half

Iso 400
70MM
f/20
1/40

Moline-01.jpg

Iso 400
140MM
f/20
1/160

Moline-02.jpg

Iso 400
210MM
f/20
1/15

Moline-03.jpg

Iso 400
110MM
f/20
1/25

Moline-04.jpg

A good start. The one thing that jumps out at me is that the WB seems a bit on the cold/blue side. I'm curious as to your choice of settings; f20 and 1/25 seems an unusual choice; opening up to say, f4 would have give you a much less sharply focused (and thus less distracting) background, and brought your shutter speed up to 1/500 - 1/1000.

I had been shooting the Clock Tower and the lower F stops just weren't working without boosting the ISO and I didn't want grainy so I took actually 30 shots adjusting shutter speed and no good too bright so I shrunk the aperture down and repeated and got good results. took me abt 50 shots making 1 click adjustments between each until I dialed it in.

So then when I shot her it was hey shes posing so I just shot and adjusted a hair and shot some more

I just finished Culling and though I had 217 odd shots I really only had 40 individual shots if you take out the shots per sec. Out of those 40 I ended up with 30 decent shots, so its more culling than I wanted but we had this jerk kept jumping in front everyone trying to do his thing in stead of being respectful and letting everyone get shots. so most of my culls were reflections in the glass of a photog or the photog photo bombing

Here are the rest of the decent ones. I wished could reshoot a couple as I noticed a slight blur as they moved. there were 30 Photogs and the models think their done so start to move lol but this is the first one for me with people and I am happy its a decent start. the girl in red on bench is really great reminds me of a yearbook photo. this guy has these every 4 to 6 weeks and sometimes throws a themed shoot in so it will be fun

Moline-05.jpg
Moline-06.jpg
Moline-06.jpg
Moline-07.jpg
Moline-08.jpg
Moline-09.jpg
Moline-10.jpg
Moline-11.jpg
Moline-12.jpg
Moline-13.jpg
Moline-14.jpg

So I see some that are really nice others wished I could reshoot but like I said this was a group thing and I didn't have much control over the models. but overall for my first outing with real people I had fun and learned a lot and thats more worth it than the pictures at this time

Woot when I posted pics on the Group site that did the shoot the model with the blue sweather and blue grey jacket loved them. that made my night. I think they prob need some post work done etc but I am not good at that yet but something to practice on and get them to her

Image9.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back