What's new

Molten Gold...

Frequency

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Oct 17, 2010
Messages
8,864
Reaction score
683
Location
Calicut, Kerala,India
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i was on a photo-tour... :D
I have changed my camera body from canon 550D to canon 60D
:D
This was taken during my present trip
:D



Your comments and criticisms please

Regards :D
 
Nice glow on the water.
Very tricky lighting conditions ... lots of highlight and shadow with not much in the middle.

Hmm, I wonder if a little HDR would work here ?
 
Works well - I might lighten the sky just a bit
 
Nice glow on the water.
Very tricky lighting conditions ... lots of highlight and shadow with not much in the middle.

Hmm, I wonder if a little HDR would work here ?

Thank you DXQ; i too feel it has much scope of working on.... but not sure how to work out

Regards :D
 
Ah, the background hills make this shot even better.
I would advise some cropping of top and bottom.
 
Frequency, that second image is really nice, well done!
Got any more photos from your photo-tour?
 
Yes, the second is even better. Very nice! I'd only crop out the upper 10% and the vignetting. It's a beautiful image. Please share more of your tour pics. :)

Note: Your sensor might need cleaning.
 
Frequency, that second image is really nice, well done!
Got any more photos from your photo-tour?
Thank you BS; i have lot of images this time; but i have some problems with the hard disk of my laptop; and was recommended to replace it; for the last few days i was in the pursuit of copying the images to an external hard disk; it is almost over now; after this i will change the hard disk of this laptop and copy images back to it; then i will post them (many photos are still in the camera-card)

Regards :D
 
Yes, the second is even better. Very nice! I'd only crop out the upper 10% and the vignetting. It's a beautiful image. Please share more of your tour pics. :)

Note: Your sensor might need cleaning.

Thank you Jaemie very much; actually this image was a luck-by-chance capture; when we people were biking through some high range, i incidently saw this event at a far far point, a small portion in the large valley.... the golden color was almost the same; the ambience was darkened somewhat through processing to highlight the effect of reflection.

I think the sensor must be clean because it is on the second day that the camera came out of the wrap...probably lens needs a clean up

Regards :D
 
Frequency, the second image is a winner. If it was a quick grab, then you eye is good. Personally, I wouldn't lighten it - the stark contrast of the sun glow on the river and the darkness of the surrounding land is visually pleasing, and the softness of the mountains in the mist balances the hard light. A little cropping at the top and bottome is probably a good idea, and I think the picture would be a little "tighter". Well done.
 
The second photo is "the one".
And hey, you've changed your avatar-photo! (This may well have happened weeks ago, but I was "out of the loop" for weeks).
 
Frequency, the second image is a winner. If it was a quick grab, then you eye is good. Personally, I wouldn't lighten it - the stark contrast of the sun glow on the river and the darkness of the surrounding land is visually pleasing, and the softness of the mountains in the mist balances the hard light. A little cropping at the top and bottome is probably a good idea, and I think the picture would be a little "tighter". Well done.

Thank you Pgriz, very much for your analytic review :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom