Mon/Tues hodge podge...

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Besides the Osprey-Gasm I had 2 pretty great days. The heat wave finally broke and I found some birds. Thanks for looking and comments welcome..

1 This poor little duck is a Juvenile or Female non breeding Long Tailed duck. I had no idea what it was, but spent some time photographing her. Poor thing was attacked by a crow and then floated around a little, only to climb up on a different rock for some preening and get knocked off by a wave..
Juvi/Non-Breeding Long Tail Duck 8_1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Found the hybrid Heron today and he/she was very cooperative..
Little Blue x Tricolored 8_2 Portrait by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr
Little Blue x Tricolored 8_2 Loosing feather by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Found a Yellow warbler sporting the fall colors.
Yellow Warbler 8_1 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

And then the Tree Swallows
Tree Swallow 8_1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr
Tree Swallow 8_2 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Yep another excellent set.As much as I feel bad for the long tail duck i couldn't help LOL when you said it got knock off the rock by wave.Poor thing is having a really bad day.

Besides the Osprey-Gasm I had 2 pretty great days. The heat wave finally broke and I found some birds. Thanks for looking and comments welcome..

1 This poor little duck is a Juvenile or Female non breeding Long Tailed duck. I had no idea what it was, but spent some time photographing her. Poor thing was attacked by a crow and then floated around a little, only to climb up on a different rock for some preening and get knocked off by a wave..

Found the hybrid Heron today and he/she was very cooperative..
Little Blue x Tricolored 8_2 Portrait by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr
Little Blue x Tricolored 8_2 Loosing feather by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Found a Yellow warbler sporting the fall colors.
Yellow Warbler 8_1 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

And then the Tree Swallows
Tree Swallow 8_2 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr
Great set. #3 & #4 are just wonderful!

Excellent, love the swallow shots!

All fabulous captures. Poor duck! #3 is gorgeous. The color, composition and dof in #4 and #5 are just amazing. You get such great light in your shots, I'm assuming you are out there at the crack of dawn. Thanks for sharing these, really enjoyed looking at them all.

Amazing. Barn swallow's in flight and skimming water, wow that takes skill to capture.

Amazing captures! #4 for me.

Another excellent set.
Now you've become the swallow sniper. Those are some darn difficult shots to get.
Well done.
Excellent, love the swallow shots!
Amazing. Barn swallow's in flight and skimming water, wow that takes skill to capture.
Thanks! The Swallows are such a PITA to catch like this. They come whipping in so fast. Some luck involved for sure.
Yep another excellent set.As much as I feel bad for the long tail duck i couldn't help LOL when you said it got knock off the rock by wave.Poor thing is having a really bad day.
Thanks DS. The little duck was indeed so cute, but I fear it may have been sick. Hopefully it will be ok..
Great set. #3 & #4 are just wonderful!
Nice set Kris. 4 and 8 are my favourites.
WesternGuy
Amazing captures! #4 for me.
Awesome set
Thanks for all the kind words! It is a very cool Heron indeed!
All fabulous captures. Poor duck! #3 is gorgeous. The color, composition and dof in #4 and #5 are just amazing. You get such great light in your shots, I'm assuming you are out there at the crack of dawn. Thanks for sharing these, really enjoyed looking at them all.
Sometimes I do go out really early, but on these shots..
1,2&5 were about 2 hours before sunset.
3&4 were around 4 PM
6&8 were around 10:30 AM
7 was at 1:30 PM

However some of them were overcast which certainly helps..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back