Today I fell in love with the 7DM2 NSFF&RL (pic heavy)

You Knocked it out of the park ! Awesome set !

While I agree that number 6 is amazing, number 1 is my favorite. I'm on a tablet because my computer is in thes shop, so my opinion may be compromised.

8 is that in dive attack mode wow

Glad to hear it was something correctable :icon_thumright:

Great set as always !!!

Thanks for all the kind words! Much appreciated...

nice BIF shots
strange that the battery would affect AF

OK fair warning some of these shots are not suitable for frog and rodent lovers!

So I was having crazy AF issues with the 7DM2 and I finally figured out it was because of a faulty "wasabi" brand generic battery. Back to amazon they went and the Camera is handling like a dream now! I had East winds so I headed to one of my Osprey nests and found momma being chased by a RWBB. Headed off and found George Jr. that put on an amazing show. The 400 F5.6 has a minimum focus distance of 11 feet or so, so I had to back up a few times. One time he pounced on a mouse 5 feet away so I could only watch that one. Ended the night with a Little Blue Heron and back to George Jr at sunset. Thanks for looking a comments welcome.. Sorry for all the pics, couldn't help myself. I haven't had an outing this fun in a long time!

1 I actually had 49/53 keepers in this flight sequence of acceptable sharpness.
Osprey 5_18 2 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey 5_18 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey 5_18 3 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Juvi Red Tail 5_18 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_18 3 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_18 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_18 2 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_18 4 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

9 Not really sure what kind of frog/toad this was, but George Jr. wasn't very impressed.. It looked pretty tough even for a hawk!
Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_18 8 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

10 - Actually spit this part out
Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_18 6 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

11 Juvenile Little Blue Heron 2 5_18 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_18 5 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

SWEETNESS AS ALWAYS! What drama is it you speak of? :biglaugh::BangHead:

Hoping this is not derailing - Yesterday while out doing what we love to do, a stranger walked up behind me as I was waiting for an Osprey to dive. Long story short, he mentioned a guy he follows on facebook that posted an awesome pic........"by chance is his name Kris?" Yup...you have reached Southern California. I got to say "I know him!" Of course I had to bring up the Osprey/fish/eyeball shot :) :)

Digging the hobby...encounters and connections like above really add to the cool factor of what we do.

Glad you figured out the issue with the 7dmII. I have found issues with oof images have mostly been user error and lack of understanding how the camera is supposed to work. Still tinkering with settings after 7 months.

Damn - maybe you've inspired me to start posting here again. It's been a minute.

2, 4 and 7 pretty much blew me away. I can't remember other photos that were so awesome that my jaw dropped, literally.
Amazing, thanks for sharing!

yeah, #6 is amazing!!
Yeah it's my favorite for sure

nice BIF shots
Very strange, but very true. Here is a sample I posted elsewhere, but if you view it full size, nothing is sharp and it should have been an easy peasy shot with the Robin having plenty of contrast in the scene.. LT9A8630 Kris in CT Galleries Digital Photography Review

Hoping this is not derailing - Yesterday while out doing what we love to do, a stranger walked up behind me as I was waiting for an Osprey to dive. Long story short, he mentioned a guy he follows on facebook that posted an awesome pic........"by chance is his name Kris?" Yup...you have reached Southern California. I got to say "I know him!" Of course I had to bring up the Osprey/fish/eyeball shot :) :)

Digging the hobby...encounters and connections like above really add to the cool factor of what we do.
Wow, I'm flattered! I wonder how far my name will travel after the big giant white lens shows up next week :)
2, 4 and 7 pretty much blew me away. I can't remember other photos that were so awesome that my jaw dropped, literally.
Thank you sir!

yeah, #6 is amazing!!
Yeah it's my favorite for sure

nice BIF shots
Very strange, but very true. Here is a sample I posted elsewhere, but if you view it full size, nothing is sharp and it should have been an easy peasy shot with the Robin having plenty of contrast in the scene.. LT9A8630 Kris in CT Galleries Digital Photography Review

Wow, I'm flattered! I wonder how far my name will travel after the big giant white lens shows up next week :)
Thank you sir!
Haaa. Coast to Coastal [emoji11] Met a lady that got the 600 from Canadacam about 2400 bucks off.

Haaa. Coast to Coastal [emoji11] Met a lady that got the 600 from Canadacam about 2400 bucks off.
Coast to Coastal, I like that, lol. I scored a low mileage 2009 500 F4 IS with 1.4x and lenscoat for a smidge over 4. Lots of change for lots of glass. I hit the point of "last lens syndrome" I have grown tired of buying and selling lenses always looking for just the right balance. I decided the only compromise I could deal with anymore is weight... With the amount I shoot I think it will be well worth it in the long run.. So I guess I am fully committed to Canon now. Time for the Nikon fire sale soon...

Coast to Coastal, I like that, lol. I scored a low mileage 2009 500 F4 IS with 1.4x and lenscoat for a smidge over 4. Lots of change for lots of glass. I hit the point of "last lens syndrome" I have grown tired of buying and selling lenses always looking for just the right balance. I decided the only compromise I could deal with anymore is weight... With the amount I shoot I think it will be well worth it in the long run.. So I guess I am fully committed to Canon now. Time for the Nikon fire sale soon...
Oh man. Happy hunting. I want to try something like that some day. I see women lugging them around like it's nothing. I have only held some of the long lenses but really think I could handle the weight to get to most spots I go.

Can't wait to see your results.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back