Today I fell in love with the 7DM2 NSFF&RL (pic heavy)

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK fair warning some of these shots are not suitable for frog and rodent lovers!

So I was having crazy AF issues with the 7DM2 and I finally figured out it was because of a faulty "wasabi" brand generic battery. Back to amazon they went and the Camera is handling like a dream now! I had East winds so I headed to one of my Osprey nests and found momma being chased by a RWBB. Headed off and found George Jr. that put on an amazing show. The 400 F5.6 has a minimum focus distance of 11 feet or so, so I had to back up a few times. One time he pounced on a mouse 5 feet away so I could only watch that one. Ended the night with a Little Blue Heron and back to George Jr at sunset. Thanks for looking a comments welcome.. Sorry for all the pics, couldn't help myself. I haven't had an outing this fun in a long time!

1 I actually had 49/53 keepers in this flight sequence of acceptable sharpness.
Osprey 5_18 2 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey 5_18 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey 5_18 3 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Juvi Red Tail 5_18 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_18 3 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_18 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_18 2 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_18 4 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

9 Not really sure what kind of frog/toad this was, but George Jr. wasn't very impressed.. It looked pretty tough even for a hawk!
Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_18 8 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

10 - Actually spit this part out
Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_18 6 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

11 Juvenile Little Blue Heron 2 5_18 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_18 5 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Amazing shots. Do you shoot in auto iso?

Wow. The sixth is DOPE! Nice shots, and glad to hear you got it all figured out! Didn't know a fake battery would cause AF issues....

Jake

Stunning shots as usual Kris, but I think my fav is the blue heron for some reason.
Just out of curiosity though, how would you compare the 7dM2 to D7100?

Wow... like, really -- wow. Outstanding work!

Amazing shots. Do you shoot in auto iso?
I do most of the time... Lately I've been switching over to full manual if I know the light isn't changing and I'm waiting for a hawk to take off. That way I know I will get the exposure I want.

Wow. The sixth is DOPE! Nice shots, and glad to hear you got it all figured out! Didn't know a fake battery would cause AF issues....
Jake
Thanks Jake.. #6 is my fav of the day. I never had any problems like that in my Nikons and I used generics quite often. It was so freaking frustrating.. Got lucky when I figured it out! I was in focus priority and it would still just take picture badly out of focus. Panic set in with all the internet drama..

Stunning shots as usual Kris, but I think my fav is the blue heron for some reason.
Just out of curiosity though, how would you compare the 7dM2 to D7100?
Thanks Raj. The 7DM2 wins in speed and buffer for sure. The D7100 has better IQ from the sensor. AF is a draw, but as I'm figuring out the focus system in the Canon, the edge might go to Canon as it is much more in depth and has much more customization..

Wow... like, really -- wow. Outstanding work!
Thank you sir!

Kris. Take your hand and reach around and give yourself a pat on the back. Great set. Very fond of the little blue heron. Great job. On a side note I was shooting Sunday and there was a guy with a 7dm2 and I was amazed at the burst rate compared to my d7100

Wonderful set! Looks like you had a very good day. Glad you got the battery issue figured out.

Six is great but # seven is my favorite of the batch.

Very interesting about the battery/AF. I wonder if Canon is embedding electronics in their batteries like Nikon has been doing with the ELs.

That is a great collection of shots and terrific that you got the prey images. I'm learning the 7D ll too but haven't tried any action shots like yours. Now I'm inspired.

Interesting that a battery can mess up the AF,I guess sometimes its good to stick with OEM stuff.Great set #6 especially, what great timing.

Most reactions

Back