Monarch Butterfly

helloyo53

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think I am finally getting the hang of macro mode on my camera. Today, instead of using Super Macro, I used just regular Macro. This lets me stand somewhat far away because I can use the Optical Zoom on my camera instead of the digital zoom when I use Super Macro. This means that my camera focuses much much much better.

This little guy decided to get in my way while I was taking pictures. So, I just assumed he wanted to get involved too.

3981228846_f41077b395.jpg

3980471399_aa46b32f3c.jpg

What do you think? There is a local autumn photo contest that I am entering. Would one of these be good to enter since the butterfly is on a Mum, a fall flower?

When shooting macros, you also need to be aware of your background - make sure it does not distract from the subject. In your images, there is a post or something that is close to the color of the butterfly that draws attention away from the butterfly.

Great photo, but that's a Painted Lady not a Monarch :)

Oh really? I never knew that! Cool stuff, thanks. :)

When shooting macros, you also need to be aware of your background - make sure it does not distract from the subject. In your images, there is a post or something that is close to the color of the butterfly that draws attention away from the butterfly.

Yeah, I realized that too after I had taken them. I was hoping that the orange on the purple flower would kind of attract you to the actual butterfly, but I guess not. :p

I'll be more aware of that next time. :)

Most reactions

Back