Monitor Shopping

Naicidrac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all,
I have been looking at a new monitor. I know they are just like anything and there is no limit to how much you can spend, but I was just looking for something better. I am thinking about the $300-$400 price range. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Bump---Does anyone have any ideas or atlest tell me what they have and if it is nice. Now I have a Samsung and the colors are way too saturated. I have tried my hardest to calibrate my images with the lab to no avail. I was wondering if you guys have any ideas about a nice LCD monitor with true colors?

If you don't have something already, you should figure in the cost of calibration hardware.

For most people, a regular monitor and calibration hardware, you can get a reasonably accurate display....but I've been hearing lately that to get truly accurate color, you need a pro level monitor that can be truly calibrated...and not just rely on a profile (which is what standard calibration does).

Most LCD monitors are way to bright for proper calibration. Bright looks good for most gamers and regular users...but it's not good for photographers.

I wish I had some good links to give you...but I haven't got any. I can't afford to get a good set up yet, so I haven't looked into very much yet. Someone I know has just laid out a few grand to get a good set up, and I'm just relaying some of what he has found out.

Thanks Chin and Big Mike. Oh yes I know just like anything with photography the question is how much do you want to spend? I am just a little upset because the last few bathes of photos I have worked on printed out at the lab quit different. I guess I am going to try a new lab as well. Some of my friends tell me to build a relationshiip with the lab so they will know what you are wanting. I am looking at some cheaper monitors now. I glanced at some high end monitors at BH and they were prey expensive. I am with you Big Mike, I want it, but not near ready for it yet. Thanks for the tips, I will loooking it. I have also heard about the HPs. Has anyone had any good luck with HOP monitors?

I have an Apple 20" Cinema Display that is amazingly good! Of course it'll also work with a PC platform ("supporting DVI ports with 165 MHz digital bandwidth.")

Got mine refurbished from Apple a couple of months ago. Paid $499 for a display that was originally $1300.

Haven't even calibrated it yet ... and it's in perfect sync with my Epson Pro printers ... out of the box.

Most reactions

Back