Mono Lake at Sunrise (HDR)

Which one do you like best? Which one should I promote more?

• Pic 1

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Pic 2

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Pic 3

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
There's an HDR Forum?? That's awesome!! Now I can just stay out of it and hopefully never hear about HDR again.

Ugh, why is HDR viewed as such an obscure form of photography?

I think all of these are great examples of HDR done properly. They don't give off a sort of plastic or saran-wrapped vibe. The third is my favourite, and I really enjoy the reflection.

HDR just has a bad rep cuz newbies always overdo it. it's like when u first get into photoshop and you're going crazy with the twirl and lens flares. my goal is to make my shots look as close to what i saw when i was there, and HDR is great for that when your camera can only capture a limited range. HDR can be beautiful if done right. :)

Nice calendar shots. #1. [Note: The term 'calendar shot' is most assuredly not meant as a put-down!]

Last edited:
There's an HDR Forum?? That's awesome!! Now I can just stay out of it and hopefully never hear about HDR again.

Ugh, why is HDR viewed as such an obscure form of photography?

I think all of these are great examples of HDR done properly. They don't give off a sort of plastic or saran-wrapped vibe. The third is my favourite, and I really enjoy the reflection.

I never said they were bad examples of HDR. I think they're pretty good, just not the kind of composition I like. But like the OP said, that's just preference. What I meant by that post was basically what you said. HDR has a bad rap for looking like total crap. And this forum is constantly drowning in, 'I'm a newbie how does my first HDR look?' posts. All I meant was that I'm gld there's a forum for that now, so people like me who don't want to hear about it anymore, dont' have to. Good job mods.

For the record, I piss all over HDRs all the time, and I think these are both beautiful and a totally appropriate usage of them... though I must admit I don't see a LOT of dynamic range in them, either. It's there, but not overwhelming... but then, usually my complaint is when it is, so I'm talking in circles.

:lol:

For the record, I piss all over HDRs all the time, and I think these are both beautiful and a totally appropriate usage of them... though I must admit I don't see a LOT of dynamic range in them, either. It's there, but not overwhelming... but then, usually my complaint is when it is, so I'm talking in circles.

:lol:

yeah, this set was only a 2 stop difference, not your typical 4 stops. wanted something less dramatic than your typical hdr, but still encompassed more range than the typical singe exposure shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back