What's new

Monopod over 6ft?

Bram

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
1,791
Reaction score
16
Location
Bergen op Zoom, Noord Brabant, Netherlands
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright the title says it all.
I have been looking on amazon (my go-to online shopping site for photography) and I cannot find a single monopod over 71" tall. I myself am a lanky guy and that's just too short for me. I will be using it at the football field and the rugby pitch. I will also be moving around, so I need one around 6.2" minimum. Can anybody help me locate one?
 
Keep in mind that you can put a head on it, to give you more height and some flexibility...and when you mount the camera or lens, you get another few inches up to the eye piece.
 
I'm 6'3" tall. The pod is 5'3" tall. It is 6" from the bottom of the qr plate to the eye piece and my eyes are 4" lower than the top of my head. When I am shooting long glass the camera is more like 8" from eyepiece to lens foot bottom. Also my qr head adds an inch to the height of the pod.
 
Bear in mind that for shooting field sports you generally don't want the camera lens axis higher than the players chests.

A good camera perspective for shooting field sports, is you down on a knee or with your butt on the ground.
 
Bear in mind that for shooting field sports you generally don't want the camera lens axis higher than the players chests.

A good camera perspective for shooting field sports, is you down on a knee or with your butt on the ground.

True, but like my old granddaddy told me one hot July day when I asked him about wearing long sleeve shirts. He said, "boy, I can make a short sleeve shirt out this one, but there ain't no way you're gonna make a long sleeve shirt out of that thing you got on." :mrgreen:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom