What's new

Monster Walk Pics (several pics)

LizM

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 29, 2004
Messages
823
Reaction score
11
Location
Heart of the Heart of Dixie
A few from yesterday's "Monster Walk" downtown. Basically, the kids walk around downtown while the merchants give out candy. Not as many good shots as I'd like but its hard to shoot and keep track of an 8 year old power ranger at the same time!!!!
Halloweenshot3.jpg

Halloweenshot4.jpg

Halloweenshot2.jpg

halloweenshot1.jpg
 
Looks like a blast. I could get into that. Cool shots. !!
 
One question (from someone who is practically clueless about Halloween): do little girls actually prefer to dress up pretty rather than ugly and scary?
And do all kinds of fancy dresses "go"?
I mean, they need not be "scary"?
 
One question (from someone who is practically clueless about Halloween): do little girls actually prefer to dress up pretty rather than ugly and scary?
And do all kinds of fancy dresses "go"?
I mean, they need not be "scary"?

Our kids (now grown) I think were typical. Both girls liked dressing as strawberry shortcake or a princess while our son was the headless horseman or Dracula. Now the girls get into some of the exotic mythic scary characters like Medusa, snakes and all or Vampira. Our oldest, now 30 (don't tell her I mentioned her age) works on a riverboat casino all night and the snake lady was a big hit. The youngest is a cake decorator in a bakery and is always very, very scary. They changed from pretty and sweet to gruesome at about 17-18 years of age and never looked back. I think there taste in costumes is reflective of there true personality, hence the change. :lol:
 
LaFoto said:
One question (from someone who is practically clueless about Halloween): do little girls actually prefer to dress up pretty rather than ugly and scary?
And do all kinds of fancy dresses "go"?
I mean, they need not be "scary"?

girls do tend to be on the more pretty side of dressing up, but its not out of place for one to be goulish... same goes for guys, me and my friends dressed up nicly this past halloween, unlike a typical guy who will go for more blood and guts style... but like jstuedle said its more a reflection of personality than anything

but often more "grown" girls will go with the prostitute costume, or somthing really revealing because its the one time they can be dressed like that and no one gives them a second look :lmao:
 
LaFoto said:
One question (from someone who is practically clueless about Halloween): do little girls actually prefer to dress up pretty rather than ugly and scary?
And do all kinds of fancy dresses "go"?
I mean, they need not be "scary"?

A lot of it depends on the parents for the littlest ones. Daddies always want their "little princess" to be precious instead of spooky. Personally, I was always a pirate or vampire or something like that. This year I was a ghoul (scared a 9-year old boy half to death when I walked up to the door with the treat bowl:mrgreen: ).

There were a lot of older girls doing the "sexy spooky" thing this year (but I didn't get any good shots unfortunately thanks to being pulled along in the crowd).

We also get some of the 12-15 age range that don't bother dressing up but think they can mooch off the little brother/sister's costume as they trick or treat. And a few actually knocked on the door and said they were dressed as themselves. I told them to get better costumes next year. I don't care if you are 100 - I'll hand out treats but you better be dressed up! Usually, I have the dreaded black and orange wrapped monstrosities for the non-costumed folks in a separate "treat" bowl. I just flat out forgot to get them this year so they got just a glow bracelet instead of a glow bracelet and a little debbie snack cake like the costumed folks did.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom