What's new

Moon C & C

JoshuaSimPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
1,484
Reaction score
96
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this a while back. But no that I look at it I have a lot of mixed feelings about it. SO could you just critique a bit.
$477709_223462364434414_1062930454_o.webp
Thanks!
JoshuaSimPhotography
 
Joshua, the moon itself is badly overexposed..and the clouds(?) don't really make it a shot. The power / tele line is distracting also. Since about 85% of the shot is mostly total black, there isn't much interest here. Maybe a really massive crop might help.. but that wouldn't leave much image. When shooting the moon as the primary subject, keep the Sunny16 rule in mind!

Keep on shooting.
 
Thanks for the advice, I used a shutter speed of at least 10 seconds, resulting in that type of moon
 
I was trying to experiment. But besides all the stuff u said. I quite like it as the clouds are elongated. An in the top left corner, you can see a light trail. That was a plane;)
 
I was trying to experiment. But besides all the stuff u said. I quite like it as the clouds are elongated. An in the top left corner, you can see a light trail. That was a plane;)

Cool.. experimenting is always fun! :)
 
I'll try this technique another time, but I'll take in mind what u said, thx for ur help!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom