Moon is gorgeous tonight =]

PerfectlyFlawed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.feliciakelsayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did anyone get a look at the moon tonight? Was HUGE...so awesome!
Anyone get pics? care to share?

I was just getting out of class and noticed it.. rushed home to get my camera...took some shots, but I didnt get to it soon enough. Still got some cool shots though.. ( I think..lol) Still working on them. So it was nice practice for me. Too bad, now their just " moon shots"..haha

Haha.. just thought id share .LOL Not really looking for C/C, but its always welcome...

I shot most of them in M-mode, or A- Priority.. just messing with settings..
1/800-1000
f/5.6
Iso 800
center meter...

( wasnt sure really where to post this... I know there is a moon theme thread... maybe it can be moved to the right spot,..but hoping its ok.):confused:

DSC_1076.jpg

DSC_1053.jpg

DSC_1052.jpg

I think the first one is definitely the best. I tried my hand at moon photos through my telescope the other night and got *ok* results, but I need to go buy a proper t-ring and adapter so I can get sharp images instead of the blurry mess I captured. The magnification is still worth displaying though :D

2010-04-23+at+22-27-37.jpg

There's no crop on that at all either :lol:

Hey, mdtusz, soon you're going to LAND on the moon, eh? ;)

And PF, no, I did not take any photos of the moon this time (it was partly cloudy last night, anyway), as in the end I find that moon photos tend to look the same after a while... so after I had gone through my stage of "must get a good photo of the moon!" I decided that until I get a telescope (which will never happen, mind you), I'll refrain from taking moon photos.

Lol, LaFoto, Yeah..I'm getting there. I'm just still siked that I got past the " big white blob" of a moon shot. I realled wanted the shot I aimed for tonight---huge moon coming over the mountain...sun setting...was so gorgeous! But I sped all the way home and still didn't catch it. Oh well. Lol ( Next time!)

Last edited:
Yes, just you folks with the telescope lenses keep making me envious... :irked:

;)

I think the first one is definitely the best. I tried my hand at moon photos through my telescope the other night and got *ok* results, but I need to go buy a proper t-ring and adapter so I can get sharp images instead of the blurry mess I captured. The magnification is still worth displaying though :D

2010-04-23+at+22-27-37.jpg

There's no crop on that at all either :lol:
Damn! thats crazy... lol :meh:
So you were using a telescope? ( im still confused .. is that a lens... or no??)
<--total noob.. be gentle.LOL

My shot was using an 800mm 8 inch light gathering mirror scope combined with a 50mm optical lens (read: 4000mm... I think at least). I got that one by just shooting through the eyepiece which isn't nearly as easy as it sounds. Getting a sharp image is near impossible that way, but once I get a t-ring and adapter, I'll post some sharp pictures of the moon and whatever else I can see clearly in the sky.

Edit: I just looked up the combined magnification and I was wrong :lol: I don't know how to find the exact focal length of my telescope combined with the eyepiece, but it provides 16x magnification apparently. Seems like more...

Last edited:
My shot was using an 800mm 8 inch light gathering mirror scope combined with a 50mm optical lens (read: 4000mm... I think at least). I got that one by just shooting through the eyepiece which isn't nearly as easy as it sounds. Getting a sharp image is near impossible that way, but once I get a t-ring and adapter, I'll post some sharp pictures of the moon and whatever else I can see clearly in the sky.

Edit: I just looked up the combined magnification and I was wrong :lol: I don't know how to find the exact focal length of my telescope combined with the eyepiece, but it provides 16x magnification apparently. Seems like more...

holy crap :lmao: lol

Lol, LaFoto, Yeah..I'm getting there. I'm just still siked that I got past the " big white blob" of a moon shot. I realled wanted the shot I aimed for tonight---huge moon coming over the mountain...sun setting...was so gorgeous! But I sped all the way home and still didn't catch it. Oh well. Lol ( Next time!)

I am right there too, first moon shots that weren't blurry streaky blobs! I was happy with my moon shots I posted Wednesday. You seemed to get a little better reviews though!

Eh...surprising I did get any *reviews* (Thank you!)...usually on anything I have posted I get 50-100 views..2-3 comments.....if I'm lucky. Lol

I know there just moons....but hell, when u come from a blurry white blob...haha...::does a happy dance:: woot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back