AmericanJesus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:D Finally got a good shot of the moon!

100crop.jpg

This is a 100%crop.
Now to try it out of the city at a higher altitude!

Wow awesome shot! Maybe you should raise the contrast and brightness a bit because the moon is usually a little lighter. Its awesome how you got so much detail out of it though!

Wow that's great. The moon was nice and full here tonight. I keep kicking myself for not getting some pics than I could add it to my night shot pics..it's just too cold out.

Wow that's great. The moon was nice and full here tonight. I keep kicking myself for not getting some pics than I could add it to my night shot pics..it's just too cold out.

This was taken tonight :D about 45 minutes ago. Washington State, twenty minutes out of seattle.

Whoa that's neat! Even better than a telescope man! good job :)

Great shot and amazing detail!

Here is what I think Amnesic was referring
too...

2m457oy.jpg

I am not sure if I like it better or not

Great shot and amazing detail!

Here is what I think Amnesic was referring
too...

2m457oy.jpg

I am not sure if I like it better or not

I like that better but good job on the original shot. I've tried shooting the moon with my Fujifilm S700 but the 63 mm (380 mm equivalent on a 35 mm camera) isn't quite enough reach to fill the frame like done here.

Here's what mine looked like at full crop (at maximum focal length):

00035-vi.jpg

Once cropped, you can still see some detail but not nearly as much as in your's...

00021_cropped-vi.jpg

I like that better but good job on the original shot. I've tried shooting the moon with my Fujifilm S700 but the 63 mm (380 mm equivalent on a 35 mm camera) isn't quite enough reach to fill the frame like done here.

00035-vi.jpg

Once cropped, you can still see some detail but not nearly as much as in your's...

00021_cropped-vi.jpg

I shot at iso 400, 1000/1 shutter speed, f8(for a full moon). Just a nice starting point for a digital camera. Also early twighlight is the best time i find. Using my 75-300mm lens.

Hi all,

Those are some great moon shot. I have attached a moon shot that I took last summer with a lens I rented. Enjoy, C&C welcome.

IMG_2149_2.jpg%22

The picture really looks great either way. Its just awesome how close you got to it with a regular camera! I hope you don't mind but I really liked your picture so I made it into a new planet! I was thinking about putting a bigger glow around it to make it look a little different. It basically looks like the moon in blue... but thats ok I guess :D.

78653481jx9.jpg

Nice shot. I would suggest a slightly longer exposure in the future, by a factor of about 25-50% (based upon the Levels).

Wow, great shot. What a fascinating object, the moon.

Fatsheep, here's what it looked like just 16 minutes later on the same day, also with the Fuji S700 as you already know.

I cropped and gave it a bit of sharpening to pull out some detail. (click for fuller size)

Fuji S700
1/1000 second
f/3.5
63.3 mm
ISO 100

I have some taken just half an hour earlier during daylight just like yours but they didn't come out. I forgot the ISO was still set at 400 and it has a LOT of noise. We would both do well with getting a tripod. I assume yours was hand held and I know mine was.

Here's a different day (Dec. 21) taken during the late afternoon with daylight left. This is straight from the camera without editing other than the crop....

Edit:

photo_guy said:
I have attached a moon shot that I took last summer with a lens I rented. Enjoy, C&C welcome.
WOW! That is a REALLY nice shot of the moon there. I missed that one when I saw Fatsheeps exif and saw that I had shots of the moon on the same day and generally the same time +/- half an hour...

The picture really looks great either way. Its just awesome how close you got to it with a regular camera! I hope you don't mind but I really liked your picture so I made it into a new planet! I was thinking about putting a bigger glow around it to make it look a little different. It basically looks like the moon in blue... but thats ok I guess :D.

No problem man.

Most reactions

Back