Moon shot anyone?

Hi all,

Those are some great moon shot. I have attached a moon shot that I took last summer with a lens I rented. Enjoy, C&C welcome.

IMG_2149_2.jpg%22

the pic of the moon is so cool , nice shot.

Well, this is the shot I took several months ago, when I got my fisrt DC
4019641720071231195614234_001_640.jpg

Fatsheep, here's what it looked like just 16 minutes later on the same day, also with the Fuji S700 as you already know.

I cropped and gave it a bit of sharpening to pull out some detail. (click for fuller size)

Fuji S700
1/1000 second
f/3.5
63.3 mm
ISO 100

I have some taken just half an hour earlier during daylight just like yours but they didn't come out. I forgot the ISO was still set at 400 and it has a LOT of noise. We would both do well with getting a tripod. I assume yours was hand held and I know mine was.

Here's a different day (Dec. 21) taken during the late afternoon with daylight left. This is straight from the camera without editing other than the crop....

Edit:

WOW! That is a REALLY nice shot of the moon there. I missed that one when I saw Fatsheeps exif and saw that I had shots of the moon on the same day and generally the same time +/- half an hour...

That first one is a pretty good shot. You are right that my shot was handheld but I do have a tripod. I just didn't use it in this case. The moon will be around for a while though so I'll have time to get some more shots off. ;) Next time I'll try to shoot it later at night...

nice shots..

My new 500mm lens is waiting for me to pick it up. Maybe i'll be able to add some to this thread later.

nice shots..

My new 500mm lens is waiting for me to pick it up. Maybe i'll be able to add some to this thread later.

NO FAIR! Oh well, all my girlfriend tells me is that its about width not length.

hehe, cant wait to see man.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back