moon shot c&c :)

l0ser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
just wondering if i can have some c&c on this shot i took please.

Anything i can do to improve it? first shot at moon photos :)

The main thing would be a tighter crop to eliminate the black space on the left half of the image. I can't say for sure with this small image and on this less than stellar monitor if it's sharp, but it seems to be. Consider shooting when the moon is closer to full, or at least on the larger side of half. Good exposure.

Thanks! This is one of 2 nights (other being this tiny moonhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/56282913@N06/5426147920/) where the moon has been visible in my area since the middle of january so i took advantage, its a full moon next week so im hoping to get some nice shots then! :)
And how much would you recommend cropping coz i just cropepd around the moon but it looks like a stamp haha :')

Thanks! This is one of 2 nights (other being this tiny moonhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/56282913@N06/5426147920/) where the moon has been visible in my area since the middle of january so i took advantage, its a full moon next week so im hoping to get some nice shots then! :)
And how much would you recommend cropping coz i just cropepd around the moon but it looks like a stamp haha :')

Ya thats why I said I wouldnt crop off too much. Its all a matter of opinion I suppose, but I would probably take off a lil bit of the left side and the bottom. HOWEVER if it were me and that was my pic...
I'd leave it cuz it just looks cool to me. (and probably only me) lol

can you get a fill light on the left half it's a little dark :lmao:

don't forget to turn you camera I am partial vertical images of the moon.

great shot :thumbup:

its a really good photo, but i agree with some comments. need a lil more crop. still 2 :thumbup:thou

Thanks all for the feedback! :)
Ive cropped it and have this

Would you say this is an improvement? :)

The first one had way to much darkness, i prefer second one :)
Nice work! (Y)

Good job, but I dont know about this crop, this is totally MO but it now it looks too big and shoved up in the corner or something....could just be me though.

second one is much better! i've been struggling to capture a decent moon shot.

Nice shot of the moon I have tried buy did not accomplish what I wanted. But on the second crop, I think the top is a bit tight, imagining that the moon is full it could but it out of the photo. Not sure if that is a logical thinking on my part but, just something I noticed.

Most reactions

Back