Moon

bhop

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really gotta get a new tripod.. dang thing wouldn't stop moving when the camera's mirror lifted.. this is as sharp as I can get for now..dangit.. (not so sharp = blooper)

moon.jpg

What type of lens did you use for this shot?

I'd like to know as well, great shot.

It's taken with an old manual focus Tamron 200-500 Adaptall2. It's big and heavy and my cheap tripod can't really support it, hence the wobbling. I guess on the D70's cropped sensor it's equivalent to 750mm. :D

It's this lens:
2229380143_42920347c8.jpg

There isn't a delay you can set to take the actual exposure like a few seconds after the mirror lifts, to give it time to stop shaking?

bhop, it will be damn near impossible to get a crisp, clear shot of the moon without a tripod or secured camera mount. Also, use the self timer or remote release to avoid even the tiniest amount of camera shake.

astrostu has made a guide to capture the lunar eclipse next week and can be found here. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but maybe it will help you.

This is a shot of the moon I took last night. I've given the settings used.

Good luck.

bhop, it will be damn near impossible to get a crisp, clear shot of the moon without a tripod or secured camera mount. Also, use the self timer or remote release to avoid even the tiniest amount of camera shake.

Yeah I know, heh, heh.. as I stated in the first post, my tripod is cheap and wobbly. The head on it just won't support the weight of the big lens. I was using my camera remote, but until I get a new sturdy tripod, the moon will have to wait.

Your pic is nicely detailed.

Most reactions

Back