Moon

Anubis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bryanmansell.co.uk
moon_mansell2007.jpg

Taken tonight :)

Not as pin sharp as I was hoping, I think it may be to do with the quality of the teleconverter.

500mm Sigma and 2xteleconverter (taken at 1000mm, ISO1600, 1/1000 F6.3)

Good capture...i really like the positioning of the moon in the photo.

^ I agree. Nice capture. Some photoshop sharpening may be able to help slightly.

Thanks for the feedback! :) Already tried unsharp mask but no real difference. If it is a clear night tonight I'll try it without the teleconverter and see if it makes a difference.

I know you have copyright of your photos in your sig, but you don't have the "edit my picture" option under your avatar.

I promise I edited this for the enjoyment of editing a photo and because I think I could help you out slightly. This is what I came with in about 5 minutes. (literally)

Yours:
My edit:
____
Moonedited.jpg

My editing process:
1) I simply fixed the color cast. In photoshop go to Enhance>Adjust Color>Remove Color Cast. (sometimes auto color correction works)
2) I added an interesting lighting effect. I tried to keep it somewhat realistic (I still could have overdone it a bit). In photoshop go to Filter>Render>Lighting Effects and try out some stuff. I think this added an element to your moon. (maybe just because I'm biased of myself)
3) Sharpening! I went to Enhance>Adjust Sharpness to sharpen it up a little. Then I clicked on the blur tool then went to the sharpen option. I zoomed in and sharpened the details of the moon a little bit. (now you can tell a difference with the sharpening)(also, you can switch to blur tool if you over-do a spot)
4) Tiny bit of midtone contrast (I think). I don't know why I did it or if it helped the shot at all anyways haha.

That's all I did. Do you like it or does the lighting effect make it seem to unnatural?

BTW if you don't want it to be edited I can edit it out of this post and erase if from my computer immediately. :wink:

Nicely done. Im jealous

Nice edit! That was more what i head in my head when I was taking the pics. :)

Thanks, it was very easy to do. Something you should be able to do easily, all I basically did was add a little lighting effect, sharpened it, and fixed the color cast.

But the nice edit could never have been done without a good original picture. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back