moonlight/strobe question

V.Alonso

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok so ive spent about 1 1/2 hours searching and i cant seem to find the answer to my question.... for all i know it was the only thread i didnt look in...any way...

im lookng into buying these lights ( http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=429677&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation)

now, the one thing im not shure of is exactly how they work in coordination with my d50, i know that they will work if i use the built in or external flash, but do they work in any other way? and if so how do you use them?

i know these are proably very easy questions to answer, but im a bit confused

TIA

V.Alonso said:
now, the one thing im not shure of is exactly how they work in coordination with my d50, i know that they will work if i use the built in or external flash, but do they work in any other way? and if so how do you use them?
TIA

First off, you will need a pc port to plug into. If the D50 does not have one, then you'll need a hotshoe adapter, so you can plug in a sync cord. Yes they will work with your built in flash, or an external, but that's not really how you'd want to use them.

Strobes like these will require a handheld flash meter. There are numerous ways to set them up, but for the sake of arguement, lets say you are photographing a person. You can put one light on each side of the person, with umbrellas attached. You will attach the sync cord to your handheld light meter (which you will have to buy), and fire the flashes. The meter will record an appropriate aperture setting to use with your D50. With your shutter speed at x/sync, and this new found aperture, you'll plug your sync cord into the pc port on your camera, (or hot shoe adapter), and fire away.

That's a very basic and brief summary.

thanks...that helps alot

i relly appreciate it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back