sirsteezo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_8908.jpg

IMG_8879.jpg

IMG_8875.jpg

-why's it so noisy and blurry looking? but after I resize it...looks like this?

IMG_8875.jpg

IMG_8873.jpg

-it just seems I have to resize all the picture to make them "look decent"..is it my shooting, photobucket, or what? c&c

-Steven

I don't know which were your settings when you took these photos, but they look taken handheld and with a lens that cannot take you very much closer to the moon (ah, seeing it now: the kit lens). I assume your camera measures all the darkness and gives you longer exposure than you can easily handhold, so you get a bit of camera shake. Every little technical flaw then automatically becomes less visible, the smaller your picture, but more pronounced the larger your picture. Viewed at a large size, minute camera shake, noise from high ISO etc will ALL become more prominent.

Despite the very visible camera shake in the first (window blinds), I like that one best of all. The blue is cool. So cool.

I don't know which were your settings when you took these photos, but they look taken handheld and with a lens that cannot take you very much closer to the moon (ah, seeing it now: the kit lens). I assume your camera measures all the darkness and gives you longer exposure than you can easily handhold, so you get a bit of camera shake. Every little technical flaw then automatically becomes less visible, the smaller your picture, but more pronounced the larger your picture. Viewed at a large size, minute camera shake, noise from high ISO etc will ALL become more prominent.

Despite the very visible camera shake in the first (window blinds), I like that one best of all. The blue is cool. So cool.

first I wanna say, I thought I would never get feedback from the big momma of this forum. its an honor :hail: . yea lots of camera shake and no other lens. I was in a-dep mode, custom WB. and 100 iso

"Big momma" makes me sound really big, I mean: big in the sense of ... erm ... large! I do all I can NOT to get that sort of "big", though!!! ;)

And well, I had to take some time out from TPF shortly before my birthday and Christmas (and was in a bit of a personal low, too, what with the small amount of daylight we get in these months, it really gets to me!), so I wasn't THE "BIG" ;) commentator of late. Things will change again, now that the shortest day of the year is behind us and the longest night is, too (the night that lead to my birthday it was ... after my birthday, things can always only get BETTER ;) ;) ;) ).

"Big momma" makes me sound really big, I mean: big in the sense of ... erm ... large! I do all I can NOT to get that sort of "big", though!!! ;)

And well, I had to take some time out from TPF shortly before my birthday and Christmas (and was in a bit of a personal low, too, what with the small amount of daylight we get in these months, it really gets to me!), so I wasn't THE "BIG" ;) commentator of late. Things will change again, now that the shortest day of the year is behind us and the longest night is, too (the night that lead to my birthday it was ... after my birthday, things can always only get BETTER ;) ;) ;) ).

I didn't mean it like that. I meant as you watch over everybody and you always have the right words to say. That's what a "mom" or "momma" does. and its always nice to hear feedback from the people that have been on here for a while and take the time to give us noobies the c&c that we need to improve on our photography. thank you :hug::

Sorry to say that you will not be able to get a really good shot of the moon with your current lens. Well not as you've probably seen of others photos. It just doesn't have the focal length needed to get a detailed image of the moon. You will also need a tripod. I have a 300mm with a 1.7x teleconverter attached and a fair amount of cropping is still required.

Sorry to say that you will not be able to get a really good shot of the moon with your current lens. Well not as you've probably seen of others photos. It just doesn't have the focal length needed to get a detailed image of the moon.

This isn't true, though it definitely helps to have a longer lens. I photographed a lunar eclipse (in 2004) with my old PowerShot S30 (up to 71 mm lens, 3 Mpx camera) and saw significant detail in my ~80 px-wide moon.

moon_eclipse_200410_big.jpg

But, a 1000 mm lens is much more useful. The montage below is only 12.5% the full size.

moon_eclipse_200708_big.jpg

Most reactions

Back