More Car Portraits? Part 2

BuZzZeRkEr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thought I'd share a couple more. When I delivered the final product he was estatic and absolutely loved them. There we're 40 pictures total from a an hour and a half session.
Final29WMSmall.jpg

Final27WMSmall.jpg

Final2TXTWMSmall.jpg

nice work, the first and last are my favorite.

How was the last one lit?

nice work, the first and last are my favorite.

How was the last one lit?

The last one was lit with available light. I didn't use much as far as lighting, the only lighting equipment I broke out for the entire shoot was 1 umbrella w sb600 fired by cls, and a 5 in 1 "57 inch rectangular reflector (silver)

Wow. I can see why he was impressed- strong style with the shooting and processing, and you really present the owner and his car together in a novel way.

Seems like the kind of customer satisfaction that will make him want to show/tell hsi friends.

Damn it man, this makes me want to buy an EVO now rofl....great pic!

My personal preference would be to put something on the gaps of the photos in the first collage (even just a thin black line like you have the white line in the second collage, or blend them together or some other technique). I don't like photos just thrown up next to each other without definition or blending or what have you, especially given the lighting difference on the third shot (the other two have a darker tone, then the background on the third shot throws the theme off). The third photo in the collage is nice, but maybe there is another darker photo you could use instead to make the collage seamless?

For the second collage, I don't understand the relation of the face to the wheel. It seems awkward. They are good individual photos (although the little area on the right side of the wheel being cropped off is a bit awkward), but don't really flow together in a collage. The color differences throw it off, too - maybe making the wheel the blue tint that the face is would help. It is discombobulated, no relation between the two photos.

Collages aren't easy to do, as there are a lot of factors to consider (lighting, coloring, relationship, shape, etc.). So, please don't take this the wrong way. The photos are good, just the collages could use some work to make sense. :)

For the last photo, the white border starts and ends in odd places. Did you try making the top line a continuation of the top right line of the "X" (whether it be actually connected to it or have a gap [but be on the same plane] or have dots/dashes to connect it, etc.)? Did you try having the bottom line end under the bumper (move it up so it looks like it is going under the car to end)?

Just my opinions (as a graphic designer/photographer) that you can take or leave. :)

My personal preference would be to put something on the gaps of the photos in the first collage (even just a thin black line like you have the white line in the second collage, or blend them together or some other technique). I don't like photos just thrown up next to each other without definition or blending or what have you, especially given the lighting difference on the third shot (the other two have a darker tone, then the background on the third shot throws the theme off). The third photo in the collage is nice, but maybe there is another darker photo you could use instead to make the collage seamless?

For the second collage, I don't understand the relation of the face to the wheel. It seems awkward. They are good individual photos (although the little area on the right side of the wheel being cropped off is a bit awkward), but don't really flow together in a collage. The color differences throw it off, too - maybe making the wheel the blue tint that the face is would help. It is discombobulated, no relation between the two photos.

Collages aren't easy to do, as there are a lot of factors to consider (lighting, coloring, relationship, shape, etc.). So, please don't take this the wrong way. The photos are good, just the collages could use some work to make sense. :)

For the last photo, the white border starts and ends in odd places. Did you try making the top line a continuation of the top right line of the "X" (whether it be actually connected to it or have a gap [but be on the same plane] or have dots/dashes to connect it, etc.)? Did you try having the bottom line end under the bumper (move it up so it looks like it is going under the car to end)?

Just my opinions (as a graphic designer/photographer) that you can take or leave. :)

Cool, thanks for all the input! You have some good points there that I agree with. I really wasn't intending to make it look spectacular like I would a flush mount story book album for a wedding, it just served as a preview to the client before I delivered the final product. It sounds like you've got a good eye for graphic design...I would like to see some of your work if possible. Thanks for the CC :thumbup:

awesome car. great shots!

i agree with the design points on the last one...the white line could continue framing the image, and come up and become the vertical line for the E, and then come off the forward slash / of the X and follow around the frame.
if i explained that poorly i could do it real quick and post it later.

that last shot is awesome...looks like something right out of an import mag.

Cool, thanks for all the input! You have some good points there that I agree with. I really wasn't intending to make it look spectacular like I would a flush mount story book album for a wedding, it just served as a preview to the client before I delivered the final product. It sounds like you've got a good eye for graphic design...I would like to see some of your work if possible. Thanks for the CC :thumbup:

Hey, sorry for the really late reply. I was away on a trip and then got ill (am still recovering ... no, it isn't swine flu! ;)).

I don't have all that much that I can post on a public forum, but right now I'm waiting on a new power supply for the external hard drive that contains things I could possibly post. Stupid thing died on me - but better the power supply die than the drive!!

Most reactions

Back