More Coyotes

Robshoots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Coincidently I got this shot while walking with my wife on a path behind a local park this past Wednesday. The coyotes were walking on the opposite side of a creek that runs along the path, and I happen to spot them. When I pointed them out to my wife, they stopped to look at us. We see coyotes and javelinas a lot around here. I have seen coyotes in parking lots and using the sidewalks in our neighborhood. I don't have photos of the javelinas, but they are notorious for raiding the plants on the front porch and the pumpkins at Halloween (we don't use real pumpkins anymore). Javelinas are related to pigs.

_MG_8297- Coyotes.jpeg

Nice shot! Javelinas are nasty critters. I know some folks who would hunt them, and they said that the Javalinas will rip a hunting dog to shreds, and a hunter as well, if they are careless.

Nice shot! Javelinas are nasty critters. I know some folks who would hunt them, and they said that the Javalinas will rip a hunting dog to shreds, and a hunter as well, if they are careless.
Thanks, Jeff. And I agree. My wife knows a woman who was just walking her dog one morning and was attacked by one. Fortunately an off-duty firefighter heard her yelling for help and came to the rescue but not before the Javelina had taken a chunk of her calf. I’m not sure how the dogs fared.

I've also heard that javelinas are pretty tasty. I would love to slow cook one in the ground for about 15 hours. :tongueout:

Most reactions

Back