More features for your Canon P&S.

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey, it works - RAW on my G7, excellent. You have to convert the RAW files to DNG (with another free utility) before Adobe Camera RAW will recognise them, but that isn't a big deal. Loads of other stuff to play with too. Thanks a lot Garbz.

Kevin

No worries. This also activates manual aperture priority and shutter priority on many of canon's crippled P&S cameras.

This is something to really consider when you're looking at converting a cheap camera for IR and you are looking for one with manual controls.

Makes me wonder why they didn't just "fix" the biggest complaint against the G7 in firmware.... the lack of RAW capability available on all G-series cameras since the G1.

Makes me wonder why they didn't just "fix" the biggest complaint against the G7 in firmware.... the lack of RAW capability available on all G-series cameras since the G1.

I recall at the time Canon claimed it was to do with the high pixel count on such a small sensor, and not being able to offer the quality in RAW that their customers might expect, or something like that. And then along comes the G9, with RAW...

Kevin

I for one can assure you it has absolutely nothing to do with delivering a high quality camera and purposely crippling it to ensure users upgrade to a more expensive product....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back