More feedback to the new new forum

ntz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I am little disappointed that there is no reception and no discussion over this ... let me again throw my two cents in

1) I like that in the gallery it's easier and smoother now to upload photos but everything else is just worse (visually, systematically) ... I would like to have a thumbnails in user galleries showing all photos that keep aspect rather than ugly 1:1 cropped tiles - this is clear regression, old gallery was visually in this far by miles, I would like to have a floating pop-up while browsing user galleries so I can switch the photos with arrows, I would like to have the respective galleries not organized by pages but that more pages will appear as you scroll down (it's 2021, pages for content like that is 90's thing ...)

2) user profiles - OMG, so bad ... regression as well .. when I click on somebody's latest activity / posts, I would like to see the posts in forum thread view, there is actually pronounced the title of thread rather the content, it's so ugly and non-logical .. also there is now no display how other people rate like with old forum (I can see how many likes, agrees and disagrees they gave and received), also why there is removed a "negative" rating like disagree or such like .. I can understand to some theoretical reasons but it was **never** problem here on this forum that people were abusing negative ratings

3) Perhaps there are few more things ... what I don't like the most is the feedback in general seems to be ignored by staff completely ... I highly appreciate that people do things like this for free and theirs free time, I know what I am talking about, I am all my life foss person active in opensource and Linux universe but I have to say then open up ... accept new staff members who are willing to contribute in any way (development, pr, ideas, whatever ..), if you're burn out and tired, don't do it, you have your merit already earned, no doubt about it ... Personally I would recommend to start for example some patreon account or make just some paid services ... I'd love to pay if I know that it will improve things ...

thank you in forward for your feedback ..

.. and cheers, ~dan

Hello,

I am little disappointed that there is no reception and no discussion over this ... let me again throw my two cents in

1) I like that in the gallery it's easier and smoother now to upload photos but everything else is just worse (visually, systematically) ... I would like to have a thumbnails in user galleries showing all photos that keep aspect rather than ugly 1:1 cropped tiles - this is clear regression, old gallery was visually in this far by miles, I would like to have a floating pop-up while browsing user galleries so I can switch the photos with arrows, I would like to have the respective galleries not organized by pages but that more pages will appear as you scroll down (it's 2021, pages for content like that is 90's thing ...)

2) user profiles - OMG, so bad ... regression as well .. when I click on somebody's latest activity / posts, I would like to see the posts in forum thread view, there is actually pronounced the title of thread rather the content, it's so ugly and non-logical .. also there is now no display how other people rate like with old forum (I can see how many likes, agrees and disagrees they gave and received), also why there is removed a "negative" rating like disagree or such like .. I can understand to some theoretical reasons but it was **never** problem here on this forum that people were abusing negative ratings

3) Perhaps there are few more things ... what I don't like the most is the feedback in general seems to be ignored by staff completely ... I highly appreciate that people do things like this for free and theirs free time, I know what I am talking about, I am all my life foss person active in opensource and Linux universe but I have to say then open up ... accept new staff members who are willing to contribute in any way (development, pr, ideas, whatever ..), if you're burn out and tired, don't do it, you have your merit already earned, no doubt about it ... Personally I would recommend to start for example some patreon account or make just some paid services ... I'd love to pay if I know that it will improve things ...

thank you in forward for your feedback ..

.. and cheers, ~dan

I will refer your concerns and suggestions to technical support.

Reactions: ntz
hello,

why do we have a ridiculous limit of 420 characters for PM (personal message) .. that's medieval :D

cheers, ~d

Another thing, why it shows on the front page a random photos in the

TPF Gallery Photos

section from 15 years ago from members who were active for one week to upload just some random shots ? I'd vote if the selection that is displayed could be made upon more parameters, like for example latest photos from active members will have a bigger weight over the shots from 2005-10 from members who are not active since then ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back