More from the Toyo

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is from my large-format 4x5 Toyo ... I am really falling in love with this thing. This is a direct scan ... no editing, it's straight from the negative.

Shot on Ilford HP5 Plus 400 at f/16 with a 200 mm schneider lens from about 24in away, tilted both standards vertical. Developed in fresh Kodak D76 for 7:30.

The tree bark is something I just decided to pick up out of the landscaping at work, that had fallen from one of the trees.

Still Life Egg-2.jpg Still Life Tree Bark-1.jpg

You seem to have come to good grips with the view camera, film, and developing basics! Your progress has been quite rapid, but then, you do have that old, 30-years-ago stint too, so it's not like you never took a picture before. The egg shot is an interesting exercise in lighting, composition, and exposure/development. The bark makes an interesting still life subject, and the shot was well-executed. Overall, I'm impressed with how well you've developed your 4x5 technique in such a SHORT time!

Thanks @Derrel ... I do love doing it and this one was a bit of a labor of love. It was hell trying to find something to get that stupid bark to stay on the foamboard! Finally settled on a pushpin through the back, and hanging it on the "hook"

Most reactions

Back