What's new

More From Today

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today we headed up to the cottage to take the water out, on the way there it was bright enough to take some shots from the car at slow shutter speeds, these are a couple of my favs, would love to hear your thoughts!
Thanks for taking a look :)


















 
I love love love the first one. I like the others. I love how they look painted instead of photographed. I would hang the first one in my home.
 
The first and third are decent. The second one doesn't quite work for me. I like the colors and the tones in both 1 and 3.
 
I actually like the second one, I dig the way the tree to the left is sharpish in comparison to the surroundings....
 
The Third is my favorite and the image I spent the most time looking at, for minutes... actually. I enjoy the depth and detail paired with the "painted" effect.

I wouldn't mind a blown up copy in my office.
 
Thanks so much for your thoughts all! It's awesome that you all like different ones for different reasons :)
These are candidates for my showing next autumn so if anyone is seriously interested in a print it can be arranged ;)
 
Can I ask why you so frequently are taking pictures from the car?
 
I love the first and third shots! Especially the first! :) The second shot - I think what's throwing it off for me, is that the trees are a bit too much in focus in comparison to the rest of the image.
 
Thanks so much for your thoughts Carol :)

Bunny, hmmm good question! I'd have to say that it's a bunch of things all combined, I started shooting from the car when I first got my camera, I started playing with shutter speeds and when I got this shot I was hooked.
I'm almost always the passenger, we live in a gorgeous rural area and to get anywhere it's a bit of a drive down country roads with soooo many photo opportunities! Being the passenger it would be totally annoying to the driver if I asked them to stop all the time and I'm bad at "going back" for shots I see so I suppose it was a bit of a way to get the shots without stopping? It has evolved into what it is now and I am learning more and more all the time. I quite like the effects and painting quality that gets captured too ;)
 
I ask because RARELY do I see shots "from a car window" that are anything worth talking about. Some of your shots I wonder about because so many of them are from car windows, and while some of them I think are pretty awesome... not all of them click with me. So it makes me wonder if 1> your great shots would be AMAZING if you could stop, get out, and set up the shot exactly the way it needs to be, 2> your less amazing shots would be more amazing.
 
Love number 1 and 2. I take shots from the car too :)
 
Thanks Spanish :) It's fun isn't it!

Bunny, great food for thought so I'm going to take some time and think on it and get back to ya ;)
 
Today we headed up to the cottage to take the water out, on the way there it was bright enough to take some shots from the car at slow shutter speeds, these are a couple of my favs, would love to hear your thoughts!
Thanks for taking a look :)

I like the third one fairly well; the first two, not so much. But I'm actually FAR more interested in something else…what do you mean "to take the water out?" Why is there water in the cottage? For that matter, what cottage? Did I miss something that would have explained all this? :D
 
#1 does it for me. Perhaps because it somewhat resembles the oils that my grandfather used to paint in his spare time. He loved the fall with its palette of golds and yellows and reds and browns, and he loved the birches and aspens. This one evokes a similar feeling. Yes, I like it a lot.
 
Today we headed up to the cottage to take the water out, on the way there it was bright enough to take some shots from the car at slow shutter speeds, these are a couple of my favs, would love to hear your thoughts!
Thanks for taking a look :)

I like the third one fairly well; the first two, not so much. But I'm actually FAR more interested in something else…what do you mean "to take the water out?" Why is there water in the cottage? For that matter, what cottage? Did I miss something that would have explained all this? :D

Us northern folks have to either keep the plumbing warm (ie, not freezing), or drain it before the cold weather. Otherwise, ice will crack all the pipes and you have a real mess when the thaw comes. This is a ritual of the season for cottages but is much more serious if the temperature falls below freezing for an extended period in the city during a power outage. In the 1998 Ice storm, the power was out for up to a month for some people, and there was much water damage due to cracked pipes.

This is exactly what I will be doing this coming weekend as well. Also known as one part of "winterizing" the cottage.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom