What's new

More From Today

They look like oil paintings. You could enlarge those and sell them as prints.
Thanks! The first one in this thread and the second in this thread http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/343322-last-cottage-trip.html are on the shortlist for my first showing next year ;) Both are getting printed and going on my walls at the very least ;)
Hey Pix, My thought..............One thing I heard Artie Morris state several times (On that video I posted to you several months back?) You need some "Dead" space at the bottom for it to work best . With that said ,I like the first one the best ,BUT, I think it would have been WAY over the top had you cropped it as you did the second photo. Bottom line, these are extremely good and you're on the edge of greatness ! I would compare these (In their style ) to be like Mish's Flower shots .
Wow, being put in the same boat as our dear Mish is amazing, thank you! Thanks for your suggestions I will carry them forward. Unfortunately often times the crop is decided for me by the very nature of the image but I like what you are suggesting and will take a closer look at that one and see if I can get a vertical crop out of it without losing too much real estate as to effect the ability to print larger.
I am not digging the first set you posted, but I love that 4th shot. It seemed more thought out and balanced. It also very pleasing from a compositional standpoint.
Thanks Kathy!
 
Pix , I have lead you in the Wrong Direction ,My bad , For not being completely clear on my meaning . I was assuming (Big Mistake to assume anytime ) you reviewed that video and would understand my meaning . The crop orientation in good IMHO. It's a landscape ....Should be cropped in......Landscape .
What I was trying to convey is you need a Base ,The ground or the sky, with a "Pleasingly blurred " style photo like these . Of course there are no hard ,steadfast rules But it was repeated in the video more than once .....so that in itself was cause for me to listen . Hey ,I'll be the first to say I may be way off base here , However ,I do feel ,as in the 4th photo ,if you added a solid anchor ,all be it sky or ground , to the first shot ,it would go up the quality latter several notches .


And yes ,I can type some more "Run-on" sentences !lol.
 
Oops, sorry it took me so long to respond Hop! I read this on my ipod and meant to reply but something shiny must have crossed my path ;) lol

I did watch the video I'm not sure it was you verbalizing it wrong so much as I didn't process it ;) lol
I can get on board with often having ground or sky is often important, mind you sky is bruuuutal to get right, because of the longer exposure it almost inevitably blows out on a day that renders nice lighting deep in the trees, dreary days with flat lighting or around/after sunset is about the only time I tend to be able to pull it off, this was not one of those times though ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom