Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
shot with a canon 300D, 50mm f/1.8, hoya R72 IR filter

irhillrefine5bb.jpg

irhill3wv.jpg

irtower4ri.jpg

i definately need one of the filters. nice job! :thumbup:

I like the first one here. But what's with the strange colors? :scratch: Not sure I like the pinkish tone of #2, and the third one almost has a superimposed feel. It doesn't look infrared anymore.

With digital IR, do the colors remain unless you desaturate them out, or are these added? Sorry, I'm just trying to understand the process. :)

Very cool. I like these, a lot. I have to find one of those filters. Great shots!!!

Thanks guys, terri the image straight from the camera has a very strong red cast. Once level adjusted the images are typically red and blueish. The color images in this post have been partially desaturated but I agree the second image is too red, I need to revisit the level adjustment. However I like the color in the last shot I feel it adds to the dream like quality the IR gives.

pursuer said:
Thanks guys, terri the image straight from the camera has a very strong red cast. Once level adjusted the images are typically red and blueish. The color images in this post have been partially desaturated but I agree the second image is too red, I need to revisit the level adjustment. However I like the color in the last shot I feel it adds to the dream like quality the IR gives.
Thank you for explaining the process to me, pursuer. I only shoot IR film, so I'm always surprised when I see these background colors - I'm expecting it to be strictly B&W. :lol: Thanks again.

Good ones. I am paritial to industrial shots, what I really like about the first is the industry seems to blend in with landscape.

Hmmm, like Jon I may have to get one of those filters. I really do miss shooting IR b/w. Very well done and can't wait to see more.

Eric

Thanks guys, for those interested in getting one of these filters I highly recommend it. IMO they are definatly worth the price. Just keep in mind that, with a 300D at least, you won't be taking any hand held shots, in full sun at f/8 expect around 10 to 15 seconds exposure time. Bring a tripod ;) That of course varies greatly between different camera models. Some older digitals have no problem taking hand held shots.

I find IR so much fun Im thinking about getting a UV pass filter, but Im skeptical about how it will perform with the 300D.

These are great photos. I might have to look into one of these filters too. Please excuse the pun.

Most reactions

Back