1)
l_2c95ad4e7e054199917b85b1ce0a35b9.jpg

2)
l_060f47eafc0e4ebe99636d7540ea0939.jpg

3)
joel.jpg

4)
flag.jpg

first two i'm not a huge fan of their faces all being shadowed...

i like the third one cuz i kinda follow the dude in the foreground's eyes towards the guy in the background... though i think it'd be better if you cloned out that rope that cuts right across the middle of the frame...

the last one i think the idea is nice and it looks good, but think theres a little too much blank sky that doesn't do much for you, and not big fan of the selective coloring...

overall pretty nice though!

to be honest with you they look like they were taken with a point and shoot camera

They look very authentic, with a little dust and scratches added it would be perfect. Not excellent artistically I will say (no offense) but very compelling re-creational-ly (definitely not a word!).

If you were trying to make them look historic or real I think you missed the mark. They look a little too polished and high contrast to be a historic picture. you might try looking at some historic images and try and go more in that vein.

in #2 the guys' american flags are backwards.

really?
i always thought that stars go forward.
it shows pushing forward...flags positioned with the stars to the back shows retreat.

i suppose i could be wrong...it has happened before. ;)

nope.
stars forward. always.

*edit*
from wiki.

"Note that on US Military combat uniforms, where the flag is put on the sleeve of the uniform, the flag patch is displayed with the stars facing forward, in the direction the wearer is facing. This is done to give the impression of the flag flowing in the wind while being carried forward across the battlefield."

thank you and goodnight.

First off, never getting anything from wiki. It is the most unreliable site because idiots can post whatever they want about anything they want. Second if you find a historical photo with a backwards flag then show me. Next, I have reenacted for a long, long time and if you are ever are in the reenacting world they know not to let something this big slip by. It would be dishonorable to wear the flag any other way but properly.

Army Regulation 670-1, Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Insignia, is the governing authority for the wear of Army uniforms. Paragraph 28-18 governs the wear of the United States Flag on Army Uniforms.
The flag may only be worn on the utility and organizational uniforms (such as the camouflage BDU). The flag may only be worn during joint-duty and multinational deployments. When the servicemember returns to home station, the flag must be removed. (Guide Note: A message went out in February 2004 changing this restriction, and making the U.S. Flag a mandatory uniform componant for all soldiers, effective October 1, 2005).

Chapter 1, Title 4, United States Code, provides for the design of the U.S. flag and specifies the colors as red, white, and blue. Colors other than red, white, and blue violate the U.S. Code; therefore, subdued-colored flags are not authorized for wear. Joint commanders have to make the decision as to whether or not the wear of a full-color flag, for morale purposes, is more important than having all aspects of the uniform camouflaged.

When approved for wear, the full-color U.S. flag cloth replica is sewn 1/2 inch below the right shoulder seam of the temperate, hot-weather, enhanced hot-weather, and desert BDU; the BDU field jacket; and the cold-weather uniform. The flag is worn on the right shoulder, because, in the military, the "place of honor" is to a military member's right.

The full-color U.S. flag cloth replica is worn so that the star field faces forward, or to the flag’s own right. When worn in this manner, the flag is facing to the observer’s right, and gives the effect of the flag flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward.

so in effect, their flags are "backwards" because they're not actually backwards.

First off, never getting anything from wiki. It is the most unreliable site because idiots can post whatever they want about anything they want. Second if you find a historical photo with a backwards flag then show me. Next, I have reenacted for a long, long time and if you are ever are in the reenacting world they know not to let something this big slip by. It would be dishonorable to wear the flag any other way but properly.

I get stuff from wikki all the time. As long as it's sited... and I sometimes even check the site.

080408_hearing_story.JPG

Oh jam. Well it seems wikipedia has prevailed. Google image search does a world o' good too.

And a link too: Reverse Flag Patch for ACU.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back