More of our little one! C&C if you like!

matt62485

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not quite 2 weeks old. I'm slowly trying to get the hang of this newborn/people photography. Mostly natural light from the window and a speedlight bounced off the wall for a very light fill. still learning lights so i try to use natural lights as much as possible. I just got CS6 so I'm trying to get the hang of an Adobe program, been using Corel PSP x2/4 for a couple years now.

7817512902_cb1364dc9c_b.jpg

7817516638_e9157b2d55_b.jpg

7817528570_5eac4b32eb_b.jpg

Not bad at all; definitely several steps above most of the "My children" shots that are posted here. Watch the minor details such as the OOF fingers in #1 (step back a bit, use a shorter FL, or increase aperture) and in #3, some fill light was needed; a small reflector would have been perfect for this.

Not bad at all; definitely several steps above most of the "My children" shots that are posted here. Watch the minor details such as the OOF fingers in #1 (step back a bit, use a shorter FL, or increase aperture) and in #3, some fill light was needed; a small reflector would have been perfect for this.

thanks! yea, i didnt realize her fingers were OOF til it was too late. kinda learning as i go with this stuff. cant really step back where im at (small bedroom, and shes on a bed which takes up dang near half the room). and i did have a reflector sitting right beside me, but we were having a hard time getting her to stay still so my wife would have to hold her still, move quickly and let me get the shot, by that point i kinda gave up on the fill light with the reflector and focused on actually getting some shots lol.

I like your third photo here so much that I can't really see there's anything missing there - lightwise, that is. But that may well be as I am not schooled in proper lighting and "judge" photos emotionally, more than anything. And I feel that with the entire little tutu in the picture, the diagonal line, her relaxed position, and all in all a little less light (!), this appeals to me most.

Of course, I do appreciate that she's looking in 1, but while the very bright, softened baby photos seem to be very en vogue, I prefer the somewhat deeper colours, which may also be a reason why I like 3 the best.

I like your third photo here so much that I can't really see there's anything missing there - lightwise, that is. But that may well be as I am not schooled in proper lighting and "judge" photos emotionally, more than anything. And I feel that with the entire little tutu in the picture, the diagonal line, her relaxed position, and all in all a little less light (!), this appeals to me most.

Of course, I do appreciate that she's looking in 1, but while the very bright, softened baby photos seem to be very en vogue, I prefer the somewhat deeper colours, which may also be a reason why I like 3 the best.

thanks! and yea i know what you mean. i want my own "feel" to them without leaning TOO far into the airy overly bright mainstream edits. i'm slowly developing a style and i like #3 as well. thanks for your input!

I like them a lot, great job! As with others, #3 is the most engaging to me. #1 and #2 are possibly a little too de-contrasted and the flower is rather posterised, but I really like the colours in there.

thanks! yea im still trying to figure out CS6, these were my first 3 edits with the program, the 3rd one being the last so maybe i was getting a little better. the flower (ofcourse is fake), kinda has that look, i couldve layered and edited it seperately i guess but i didnt focus on the look of the flower so much but i see what you're saying. thanks for the input

Just want to say that she is absolutely beautiful! I'll leave the c&c to the pros.

Most reactions

Back