More of our little one! C&C if you like!

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by matt62485, Aug 19, 2012.

1. matt62485

matt62485 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Not quite 2 weeks old. I'm slowly trying to get the hang of this newborn/people photography. Mostly natural light from the window and a speedlight bounced off the wall for a very light fill. still learning lights so i try to use natural lights as much as possible. I just got CS6 so I'm trying to get the hang of an Adobe program, been using Corel PSP x2/4 for a couple years now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Not bad at all; definitely several steps above most of the "My children" shots that are posted here. Watch the minor details such as the OOF fingers in #1 (step back a bit, use a shorter FL, or increase aperture) and in #3, some fill light was needed; a small reflector would have been perfect for this.

• Like Like x 2
  3. matt62485

matt62485 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks! yea, i didnt realize her fingers were OOF til it was too late. kinda learning as i go with this stuff. cant really step back where im at (small bedroom, and shes on a bed which takes up dang near half the room). and i did have a reflector sitting right beside me, but we were having a hard time getting her to stay still so my wife would have to hold her still, move quickly and let me get the shot, by that point i kinda gave up on the fill light with the reflector and focused on actually getting some shots lol.

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like your third photo here so much that I can't really see there's anything missing there - lightwise, that is. But that may well be as I am not schooled in proper lighting and "judge" photos emotionally, more than anything. And I feel that with the entire little tutu in the picture, the diagonal line, her relaxed position, and all in all a little less light (!), this appeals to me most.

Of course, I do appreciate that she's looking in 1, but while the very bright, softened baby photos seem to be very en vogue, I prefer the somewhat deeper colours, which may also be a reason why I like 3 the best.

5. matt62485

matt62485 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks! and yea i know what you mean. i want my own "feel" to them without leaning TOO far into the airy overly bright mainstream edits. i'm slowly developing a style and i like #3 as well. thanks for your input!

6. Nolly

Nolly TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like them a lot, great job! As with others, #3 is the most engaging to me. #1 and #2 are possibly a little too de-contrasted and the flower is rather posterised, but I really like the colours in there.

7. matt62485

matt62485 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks! yea im still trying to figure out CS6, these were my first 3 edits with the program, the 3rd one being the last so maybe i was getting a little better. the flower (ofcourse is fake), kinda has that look, i couldve layered and edited it seperately i guess but i didnt focus on the look of the flower so much but i see what you're saying. thanks for the input

8. laynea24

laynea24 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Just want to say that she is absolutely beautiful! I'll leave the c&c to the pros.

9. matt62485

matt62485 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

thanks!