Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
_MG_0101-0203.jpg

_MG_0104-0506.jpg

_MG_0117-1819.jpg

That pool is a total find!

The color pattern in 3 is exceptional.

Oh my!!! What a beautiful spot, and what beautiful pictures of it. Well done! I love the bits of red in the first two shots.

i love the second shot. that pool is sitting up on top of the world. the sunburst is a nice touch. :thumbup:

#2 would look even more fantastic if you were up there at sunrise or sunset (not sure which way it is facing). I have been to Cypress and Grouse but never Seymour.

I am all in love with the patches of red in your first two photos. In 1 I find myself looking at this lovely colour more than at the equally wonderful panorama.
In 2 the sun reflected in the pool is nice and I don't mind the fact that it is so high up. The red makes it for me, anyway :D ;):

Likewise I really like the one patch of light on the yellow leaves in the last.
Beautiful pictures, all three of them.

love the angle of number 3

Thanks for all your comments :)

The red bushes are blueberries which grow abundantly around here. The bears love 'em and so do hikers. :)

#2 would look even more fantastic if you were up there at sunrise or sunset (not sure which way it is facing). I have been to Cypress and Grouse but never Seymour.
Agree, to time it perfectly I have to hike in the dark 2 hours before sunrise. I did it once before with the moonlight reflecting off rocks to guide my way, it was beautiful... and peaceful...:)

Composition looks pretty good on these and its a beautiful area. My favorite would be #2....great angle, cool sunspot. The only complaint is the drop of sharpness and distortion that is evident the farther you get from the center of the photo. Which lens did you use? Exif? My tokina has similar results if I shoot at 12mm and wide open(f/4). Overall great job!

uberben said:
Composition looks pretty good on these and its a beautiful area. My favorite would be #2....great angle, cool sunspot. The only complaint is the drop of sharpness and distortion that is evident the farther you get from the center of the photo. Which lens did you use? Exif? My tokina has similar results if I shoot at 12mm and wide open(f/4). Overall great job!
I'm using the Canon EF-S 10-22mm. This shot is actually a hdr of 3 shots, I bracketed at -1, 0, +1. They were all shot at f11, iso100 and 10mm. The shutters were 1/60, 1/30 and 1/15. Thanks for spotting that, I'm still trying out things with this lens. I only got it for couple of weeks, together with my new camera, the Canon xti. :)

That equipment combo will make some great photos. Hopefully I didn't sound too picky, i just like giving some constructive comments. I'm currently trying to find the sweet spot on my wide angle. Once its found, amazing photos to be had. Again, I really enjoyed these and look forward to seeing more in the future.

Not picky at all, your comments are very helpful, thanks again.

Tantalus said:
[...] This shot is actually a hdr [...]
This one looks great. But in general too many HDR images – not this one! – tend look like one of those old B/W postcards that have been colored in. You may want to avoid that effect, unless of course that is what you're going for.

W.Smith said:
This one looks great. But in general too many HDR images – not this one! – tend look like one of those old B/W postcards that have been colored in. You may want to avoid that effect, unless of course that is what you're going for.
I know what you mean and that's what I try to avoid in my hdr. Btw, all 3 shots are hdr.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back