Some River Shots....>

Arch

Damn You!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
.... well this place was like summin out of Lord of the Rings!.... really hard to get a good composition because of how busy the scenery was.... and just getting down to the river bank was hard enough!.... anyhow, all shot with a x4 ND and Polarizer..... some were definatley more successful than others!.....

riv1.jpg

riv5.jpg

riv2-1.jpg

riv4.jpg

close-water.jpg

riv7.jpg

riv6.jpg

Thanks for looking ;)

i like these i think.

what was the post? it looks kind of like maybe you took a high contrast bw image and used some sort of blending option on it to get this. do you mind sharing?

Great series...I like #3 best...followed by #6.

I'm also curious to know what kind of processing was involved here.

thanks guys,

The processing was actually the result of having a colour cast in the shadow areas.... i recently had a discussion with another member here about it who had the same issue. The dark areas had a red cast to them.... probably due to either using an ND with a polarizer for the long exposure... or just that the ND filter is a bit 'crappy' (i have to get some good ones).... but i dont remember ever having a problem with film.... so not sure if its a digital thing?

Anyway... i had to adjust the colour balence and overall saturation... aswell as slightly desaturate the red channel in masked areas.

As newrmdmike suggested it does look similar to a technique i'v used before of using a b+w background layer with a colour top layer set to the 'overlay' blending option.... but i think it just appears like that because of the desaturation and colour editing. ;)

Oooo, nice series! You're right, they smack of LotR. #3 is my fave, because of the gnarly trees on the right side of the bank and the shades of green of the moss on the stones. 1 and 6 are standouts for me, too.

looks like a tough spot to photo, you did an amazing job, imo, but i wouldn't expect any less. #3 is amazing - my fav... but i thoroughly enjoyed the whole series. :thumbup:

Well, I was wondering if I would ever be able to chose a favourite out of this lovely series, and was thinking that 3 pretty much nails it all ... but I like the others almost as much ... but in the end 3 seems to have EVERYTHING, while the others have perfect PARTS of everything. So yes. Three is the winner of the series.

4 and 5 for me
good stuff

I like 6. 1 & 3 are right up there too.

Number 6 is the best for me, I really like the feeling of moving water in it.

The moving water in 5 and 6 adds a lot to the pictures. I wish I had a place like this nearby. I really like the shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back