More retro junk

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
speedex by ansco shot on 46mm film way out of date. retro rendition and yes it is supposed to look like this
3_245.jpg

4_5287.jpg

6_9358.jpg

5_150.jpg

These are all paper negatives, right? Do you desaturate some of them with PS (or whatever)? The desaturated ones have the most *authentic* feel to me.

Where were these taken, Charlie? Were you shooting at some kind of re-enactment?

Since I DON'T have a vision, I just shoot a few shots and post them. I do it regardless of how good they are. Hope im not infringing on anyones sensibilities.

It was an encampment one of those living history learning programs.

It was an encampment one of those living history learning programs.
Okay, that explains it. Those are fun. :D

The images are certainly on the soft side, but you DID say the film was way out of date.

I like 'em, Charlie. I mean, it's Civil War stuff--it's not supposed to be crystal clear or the colors aren't supposed to be on the mark. I think with your subject material, the shots are excellent. But that's just me. I'm no expert! :lol:

If there were any real experts they probably wouldn't have time to be here. Besides all the expert forgers are probably in jail or layin low. That's really what i"m all about. Forgery.

Different cameras I use have different resolutions.

I have a roll of 120 black and white film shot with a higher resolution lens. I'm going to develope it today. It should look totally different. I also use a developer that is more like developing with and baseball bat. I started mixing the developer for paper negs and found it worked better on film than it did on paper. All film except 35mm that is. It produces a lot more grain than d76 but it suits me for all the 120 and 3x4 and 4x5 negs.

I usually develope the cut film one piece at a time. I can use as little as a single ounce of developer for it but I have to rotate it continually. D76 takes a fourteen minute developement at times. Thats a long time to rotate a tank. The quick developer takes four and a half to five minutes a much more doable time for an arthritic old man.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back