dezmaas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Taken at it's lowest resolution setting:

PICT0019.jpg

PICT0020.jpg

!props!

that's a good camera :wink:

i got the z1 last christmas, now my mom has the z2 and she wont let me use it :cry:

cool photos too

Thanks!

Yeah it's a nice camera. I hear the Z1 is also good.

z1 and z2 are the same except for megapixels and a few operational thingys

i'm loving this thing. all the main controls are right on top, you don't have to swim through redundant menus to get the settings you're looking for. the zoom is nifty too
what do you think of the mechanical screen thing, when you switch from the large back screen to the eyepiece one? kind of wierd... i think it still sucks the same battery power

Yeah it still uses the same battery power as the LCD screen. However, the camera as a whole is apparantly pretty battery efficient if you use NiMH rechargable ones. Alkaline batteries don't last too long, but what's new!!

I do prefer a normal TTL viewfinder as it's much clearer, however I'm getting used to this one.

Wow, I must say it, that first pic blows me away. I love the reflection of the water on the underside of the bridge....the whole shot has a sci-fi look to it.

How many megapixels does this thing have? I'm trying to decide between the dimage and the fujifilm finepix S5000 or S7000 for my dad, and I am not sure. I must say I like the looks of the fuji better, but am not sure about the quality.

dimage z2 is 4.2 megapixels, z1 is 3.2 mp
pretty easy to get awesome shots
the main drawback of it that i've found is its wierd shape/size. kind of tough to stick in a cargo pocket, but besides that, the shape makes it easier i think to hold and take a shot

dezmaas! i didn't realize that reflection under the bridge until lyanna pointed it out. i thought there was something odd there. but cool!

Lyanna

Thasnks for the nice comment! :)

I was also thinking about a S7000 but after reading user reviews on both cameras I went for the Z2. There were many bad reviews on the S7000 so I didn't take the chance on it.

The S7000 has 6 MP compared to 4MP on the Z2 but if you check out example pics of the Z2 on the web then you can see that it takes great photos. Unless you're looking to print massive posters then 4MP is enough in my opinion.

The Z2 also has a much larger zoom which comes in useful.

I was also tempted by the look of the S7000 and the Nikon Coolpix 5700, they look more 'professional' than the Z2 with it's smaller silver look, but they were also more expensive!

I would check out reviews of both cameras on the web and go into a store and actually try out both cameras to see how they work and feel.

I hope your Dad enjoys whichever camera you get him!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back